GMP V and 'Bird...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMP V and 'Bird...

Here's the V I had such a scare over the other day. Pictured with one of its' cousins. The Bird has a black back and neck, but I thought the V deserved one pic from the rear. I still have the same shitty camera, but you'll get the idea.

Re: GMP V and \'Bird...

Awesome!!Love the graphic on the Firebird,that's killer!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Guitars, guns and golf carts!!!! What could be better? ][:o)#

Sweet axes dude. Those graphics look killer in pics, so I can only imagine how sweet they look live and in person. How are the necks on those GMP's anyhow?
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

You are my hero!!

Comment

The neck profiles on these guitars are totally different. The V has a much beefier neck and no binding, the Bird has a neck sorta' similair to a wide-thin PRS I used to have. This Firebird is one of the best playing guitars I've ever picked up. It has a thinner clearcoat on the neck also, due to the fact that the back is just black, whereas the neck on the V has 2mm flake on it, so the coat is alot thicker.
          As far as the graphics, I usually can't stand phrases like "pics don't do it justice", but it certainly applies here. GMP are the kings of glitter-flake jobs, hands down.

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Golf carts kick ass! Easy to drive drunk. We live on a lake in a pretty secluded neighborhood and everybody around here has one. The shotgun is a 1921 Remington model 17 20 ga. It's really just an eye-piece. The real guns are in a cabinet just out of frame!

[ May 21, 2004, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: circle of the tyrants ]

Comment

Christ my eyes!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Very pretty, but they make me squint.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Kick ass!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i kick myself everyday when I remember there was a tracii guns gmp on ebay about 2 years ago and it went for about $1000. Ridiculous.

Nice guitars!

Comment

Kick Ass!!! the Bisby V is sweeeet.

I like the fuzzy rug too.

Steve E

Comment

Very cool guitars!! I grabbed a GMP V off of ebay not too long ago and been eyeing the Boogie Street eBay auctions for the Flag Explorer and the firebirds for awhile.

I assume the Bird came form Boogie Street..or maybe there were two made?

GMP's are awesome guitars. Congrats on owning such a cool pair.
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Yeah, it came from Boogie Street. I had originally gotten a BC Rich KKV from Eric, but there was a slight problem. I remember posting a pic from work the day it arrived and saying I'd review it later, but when I got it home and took it out of the case, the neck had a slight twist in it. I sent it back to be looked at by Fred Kowala (Zakk Wylde's tech) and when I got it back, I was convinced the neck was still off, even though he had reseated the truss rod and made new adjustments. Eric was very cool, however, and wanted to do whatever it took to make sure I was satisfied. I ended up with this guitar and I'm much happier with it than I would've been with the Rich.

Comment

I own a ton of guitars, and out of all of 'em, my GMPs are the hands-down best in my opinion. They're still a small company, so the attention to detail and setup are as precise as they come. In 20 years, these early GMPs will be fetching prices way higher than the 80s San Dimas Charvies are now. You heard it here first folks! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Dang! Those are awesome, dude!

It's a shame there's not a "crying like a ***** out of jealousy" smilie, 'cause I'd ba all over that. You'll just have to imagine me being whiny. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X