Any Schecter Blackjack Owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Schecter Blackjack Owners?

Just wondering how well made these guitars are. I am checking out the S-1 or 006. I haven't had a chance to play any of the series yet. What is the difference in sound with the 59 on the S-1(22 frets), and the 59 on the 006(24 frets)? Thanks for your help.

Re: Any Schecter Blackjack Owners?

I haven't played the Blackjacks yet but I have owned two Schecter Diamond series (C1 Elite and C1 Classic) and the build quality is excellent especially for the price. Schecter guitars are the best deal for the money IMHO.

Comment

I played a few of the Schecters when I was buying my Epi LP and they are damn nice guitars. They are extremely well made, and have nice chunky necks. I'd say for the price they are probably the nicest guitars out there. I believe the blackjacks are just all-black versions of the regular series, so I say go for it.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your opinions. I appreciate the insight.

Comment

There's a review that compares all of the Blackjack models over at Harmony Central (www.harmony-central.com)---I think the review originally appeared in Guitar Player. They give a really good review....especially to the S1 Blackjack.

I agree those Schecters are the best guitars for the money. They play & sound killer. Very durable too. My main live guitars the past year have been a Schecter Devil Tribal Elite & a Schecter S1 Hot Rod Flame.

Comment

Oh...now I see the rest of your question.

On the 22 fret S1, the neck position humbucker is located further up, closer toward the neck (since there is no 23rd & 24th fret). This results in a fuller-bodied, richer, creamier, fat tone on the neck pickup. More of that singing, sustaining sound especially when playing lead on the neck pickup.

Comment

Oh...now I see the rest of your question.

On the 22 fret S1, the neck position humbucker is located further up, closer toward the neck (since there is no 23rd & 24th fret). This results in a fuller-bodied, richer, creamier, fat tone on the neck pickup. More of that singing, sustaining sound especially when playing lead on the neck pickup.

Comment

The latest Guitar Player has a product review on the whole Blackjack lineup, reviewed and spec'ed.
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
                X