Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to the GC Memorial Day sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone going to the GC Memorial Day sale?

Yeah Ron I got it very happy with it so far.Now I just have to make some room for it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Our GC has 2 Jacksons (that sucks), a Kelley, and a Dinky model of some kind. No Rhoads at all. They have the biggest sale of the year every weekend, and I never go. Corporate America at it's worst. I DO buy things from them...but I usually check the smaller stores first.

Comment

Does your GAS know no end Carl?? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It is like I drank 3 2 litre bottles of coke fast Joe....I just cant stop [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

well, i was away on vacation and stopped in towards the end of the day.
            man did i miss some good deals...
            they sold a eb/mm petrucci for $500, a used jem for $599, a h&k puretone combo for $600 and abunch of other stuff.
            there were still some ok deals left, but nothing that really interested me.
            they had a used usa fender strat standard with lace lace pickups for $399 that seemed like a good deal.
            they had a couple of used eb/mm axis and axis sports but they were beat up.
            they had those wierd gibson les pauls with the matte metal finish pickguard and humbuckers for $1000.
            anyway, i didn't get anything....
            did anyone else here go and pick up some good deals?

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
              Here in the Washington DC-area, I remember that Veneman's Music always had kickass sales of this type--you could find some incredible deals if you got there early enough. But it was a mob scene and the great deals were always gone quickly. Of course, Veneman's was bought out by GC a few years ago, so there you go...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah they used to have great "May-Day" sales. I got my San Dimas Round Horn V for $499 at one of these sales. I wish I still had that one....
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:
                Saying that, you guys don't know how lucky you are in America.

I would be happy for a large chain of guitar shops to open up in England. We only get local dealers, which RARELY offer a sale of these kinds. And have very little choice or scope for good deals.

We still pay over the odds here in England on most things. Boo.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree totally.
                You guys can just buy stuff (err...guitar related) easily off from EBAY, i mean...you can get quality guitars with a great offer...also a huge variety of choices of amps/effects/racks...in our city there is only ONE DOMINANT chain store Tom Lee....the prices are high...the sales are retards like some GC workers (never met one...)
                also all the pro ppl.....you guys get help easily with tech/jcf friends...
                in the place i live...even the local band scene is terrible....big band shows are rare, and its Korn, linkin Park...(WTF....) local bands....i just dont notice they are playing music.
                [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                conclusion: I'm Jealous.
                [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I got a slammin deal on new tubes.... GT KT66HP's matched quartet. $50 out the door. They go for $99 a DUET. So it was like getting to for free!

Comment

Working...
                  X