Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here seen that crazy 5 string Schecter guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here seen that crazy 5 string Schecter guitar?

I looked at one of these today, and didn't think anything of it until I noticed the NARROW bridge, didn't look right. Then counted 5 strings.
    I looked a little on the net about them, and came up with some stuff, but not much. Anyone know the model, what they are worth, and how they should be set up? Looked like two real thick (for guitar) bass strings and three regular guitar strings on the high end. I must live in a cave. I've owned a 7 string, but no experience with 5.....Uses regular pickups it looks like.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Has anyone here seen that crazy 5 string Schecter guitar?

Schecter Celloblaster, I believe is the name. Designed and patented by Maestro Alex Gregory, the same guy who holds the patent on 7-string guitars. The Celloblaster is tuned differently, as I recall.

http://www.pentasystem.com/founders.html

Comment

"Let us face it! A power-chord on a normal guitar is power-less enough to be worthy of a eunuch!"

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Who wrote that? ChamFong? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Check out this anti Schecter page:

http://www.geocities.com/atrocitieso.../schecter.html
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Perhaps the ugliest and most useless guitar ever designed, all in one package...

[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            Check out this anti Schecter page:

http://www.geocities.com/atrocitieso.../schecter.html
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">look at the MF ad he scanned. There are at least 2 Schecter guitars on that page I've never seen [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Keef usually loses the low E string & tunes to Open G, IIRC.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Makes sense to me. They're just evolving towards the one stringed instrument which is all that's required for nu-metal.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
                  Makes sense to me. They're just evolving towards the one stringed instrument which is all that's required for nu-metal.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">haha hilarious.

maybe 2 strings for that EXTRA HEAVY POWA!

Comment

Jackson made a five-string a few years back... the JJ5. Pete (Twisteramps) owned one for a bit.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey guys, I read all the hatred of this guitar and I knew I just had to own it- just to keep someone that will use it from finding it - please tell me they don't make them anymore.
                      I am considering taking PayPal donations until it reached the amount I have in it as of this morning ($110) to cover it in chicken blood, then use every power tool I own on it before setting it on fire and burning an effigy of Michael Jackson on the embers. Do you think anyone would donate for that cause? I will probably wear a Screaming for Vengeance teeshirt during this act.
                      I just went back to the shop and brought it home and haven't even played it. I don't know how to tune it even. Time to read up on this crapper before I destroy it. I like the idea of the reverse ransom though. BTW: I'm not really a fan of NuMetal, and from what I gather that's all this is good for - at least seven strings CAN do normal stuff. This is just dumb.
                      Hey Sully, you can use your one-finger SPAM pose, photoshop this POS into the picture and play one finger power chords!
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by GiantBaba:
                        Schecter Celloblaster, I believe is the name. Designed and patented by Maestro Alex Gregory, the same guy who holds the patent on 7-string guitars. The Celloblaster is tuned differently, as I recall.

http://www.pentasystem.com/founders.html
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well shit, if DJ Lethal from Limp Bizkit plays one, that's good enough for me. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Tommy Lee played one when he was fronting his band and didn't know how to play yet. Everything on a Celloblaster is a 2 string bar chord. Great for a frontman who needs to play some guitar but really doesn't know how to play. Don't burn it. I'll buy it from you. It is actually a pretty cool concept for 2 string bar chord junkies. It is tuned in 5ths.

Comment

This isn't a new concept either. There was another guitar I saw that had five strings tuned to fifths like this Schecter. It was a relatively unknown manufacturer who did custom hand-made guitars or something. I distinctly remember the staggered "stair-step" headstock with the five staggered tuners on it. Anybody remember that one? I don't recall talking about it on the JCF though. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

does this concept have something to do with wes borland from limp bizkit?

i know he has a luthier who built him a few 4 string guitars.

Comment

Working...
                              X