White pickguards w/ Black pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White pickguards w/ Black pickups

I need to change pickups in ny Strat and am considering switching to black PUPS on my brownburst Srat with white pickguard.

Not sure if I will dig the black on white. Post some pix of black PUPS on white guards if you got em.

Re: White pickguards w/ Black pickups

I didn't like mine like that. It's back to white now:

http://hackolutions.com/gear/current...rmidistrat.htm
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Blue Burst G&L Comanche... I like the black pickups in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by iced_earth:
        Blue Burst G&L Comanche... I like the black pickups in this one.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've always loved that guitar in that color! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          I've always loved that guitar in that color! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

How are those pickups, BTW? I almost got one of those in a trade for another guitar, but it wasn't blue and I just couldn't make myself do it. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think it depends on the guitar really....I built this one because I didnt have any pick-ups left but after putting it togethere I thought it looked cool...havent changed it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                How are those pickups, BTW? I almost got one of those in a trade for another guitar, but it wasn't blue and I just couldn't make myself do it. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't have the greatest ear for reviewing pickups, but here goes... I find the pickups have pretty good output for single coils. There does not seem to be too much emphasis on any single frequency and no single frequency seems to be lacking. They certainly do not have the distinct strat sound. I can get a very nice warm clean sound and very good SRV type blues sound from the neck pickup. Overall I would say that the pickups are built to be versatile, so there is a lot of room to color the sound and find what you like through the guitar's tone controls or an EQ if you have one.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                X