Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Eddiecaster in the house w/pics

Just finished this tonight.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: New Eddiecaster in the house w/pics

very nice bro [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

So what's the story? I see a Fender neck, Charvel neckplate, but what kind of body? Did you paint it? Is that the mini tele body you got?
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Man, it's ugly! No wait!.... it's.. wait a minute... it's actually a wee bit cool. Heh, yeah it's bizarre. Also badass [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Have to take another long look. Good job, tim.

/Henrik
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Thats just wrong! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          www.kiddhavok.com
          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Me like! That is cool looking with Tele body. Never thought having EVH graphic on Tele shape body.
            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Tim, you scare me [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

That's horrible - Teles should not be displayed in public [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Shouldn't the neck pickup route be empty with maybe just a couple wires dangling out of it or something? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Pretty cool Tim... Doesn't beat the Horton-Hears--A-Who-O-Caster for outright cool, though... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Very bizarre. Cool look though-definitely a head-turner.

Comment

You should see this latest one up close. It's pretty funny really. It is best observed from a distance [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Then there's the "how come" decision. This Tele project started off as a one-piece USA Custom Guitars swamp ash body. I put a couple coats of sealer on it and sent it and another body (a single hum strat type body) to my mom to paint. She hadn't had a chance to work on them in a while so I asked her to send me back the Strat so I could experiment with swirl painting it. She sent back the Tele (ever try and describe guitar shapes to your mom?).

So I figured what the heck and decided to swirl the Tele instead. Holy crap. That turned out like sh*t. So naturally I sanded it down and tried it again. I *almost* got it. Of course at this point I had lost enthusiasm for the idea. So I was listening to Van Halen II and got inspired. That inspiration got me to Schucks auto supply and I bought a can of white primer, yellow, black, and clear paint. As it turns out the paint is pretty crappy but I did it anyhow. Of course the base coat that I originally applied is long gone and I didn't fill it or anything. So you can see the bumps of the grain of the wood. So I'll pretend I meant it that way so the wood can "breathe". Sure. So naturally I didn't wait until the finish really hardened properly before I put it together. The finish will need to be left alone for a while to harden. Basically I put it together as soon as the string ferrules came from Angela.com. Patience I ain't got.

All together the finish work took me about 10 days from the last time I sanded it down to it's completion last night - so it took a little longer than it should have :-)

The neck is one of the 60's reissue necks from an organ donor Blue Flower Fender Telecaster. The pickups are Lindy Fralins with the extra ground wire for the neck pickup so I could easily wire it to the 4-way switch. Fender bridge and control plate from that same Flower Tele. The neck plate came from a Charvel Model 3 that was disassembled for organ donation. Electrosocket jack, orange drop cap, Fender 4-way switch, pots from Warmoth, and Nobease knobs.

The total cost of the guitar comes in at about $400 (I got some screaming deals on things). Unless we count about another $25-30 on wasted paint and sandpaper for the swirl experiment. We won't mention the cleanup time or supplies from that either.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                      Tim, you scare me [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

That's horrible - Teles should not be displayed in public [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Coming from anyone else I'd be a little hurt (very little) but dude after having seen the work of Dr. Newcenstein... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

That's actually pretty cool. Instead of the normal strat-style body, you did it with a Tele and without a trem bar! I tip my hat to you, sir. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

great story Tim...I am also very, very impatient and I think I may have set a new record for fastest paint job. I painted a Charvel body in less than 2 hours (start to finish)...seriously. Not pro but it was fun and I learned a lot (yeah mostly what not to do). It came out kinda cool (I am biased)...the white out, magic marker and of couse the JCF sticker made all the difference. I will get someone to post a pic..lol.
                          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Tracy's guitar "T minus 2:00 hrs."

Tracy's guitar "at 0:00"

&#0124;&#0124;
                            &#0124;&#0124;
                            &#0124;&#0124;
                            &#0124;&#0124;
                            \/

p.s. I totally dig the tele, Tim!

Comment

That camo looks cool! It's funny because I was thinking that my next paint job was going to be a camo! I've got one of the original Line 6 Variax's that is ass-ugly red and I was thinking that would make a good sacrificial camo guitar. There is certainly no way to make it uglier [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X