Dark Star Guitars Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Star Guitars Opinions?

Hey everyone I have been looking into a model from these guys some out of this world stuff, if any body here has an opinion, or has had work done from them let me know. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    According To The Prophecy

Re: Dark Star Guitars Opinions?

never heard tell of them. do they have a website?

Comment

Yeah The web site is DarkStarGuitars.com
      Look at the SK model. Thats what I'm thinking about getting into.

Comment

man i'm sorry but those things are fugly.i wouldnt buy one.

Comment

It looks like they bought a bunch of Korean or Indian bottom feeders, and took a chisel to them.....Hey, what ever floats your boat..........Most of us would rather have a plain real guitar..........

Comment

Well, I read everything on the site, looked at all the pictures, and I have to say, I'm intrigued. Most of his guitars look like shit IMHO, but it appears that he has a certain talent, especially in the carving department, and a few of the guitars look really quite cool. The "Gigerish" ones are especially nice. His headstocks are ugly, period, and he seems to have a problem with control layouts, pickup placement, etc. However, his prices are super low for this type of thing, and I'm sure if you were to order a guitar from him, you would be able to specify such things as controls, pickups, and headstock.

Interesting to say the least. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Interesting? All I could think off was the old saying involving polishing and a turd.............

Comment

I liked some of them, but I would have to see them in person. I have to give him credit for being original and taking chances. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

No. Nope. Negatory. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

The "Serial Killer" model on the guy's site might be what was meant by the "SK" model. Not bad looking, but this all sounds a little too good to be true at those prices...

Comment

i'd give an A for effort, but most of those look like they came out of a "dark star".

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S.:
                          Yeah The web site is DarkStarGuitars.com
                          Look at the SK model. Thats what I'm thinking about getting into.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did you mean the "SV" model? I didn't see an "SK" listed in the gallery.

All of those guitars are probably, uh, "an acquired taste". I did find it odd that the SV model has a fine tuning tailpiece with a full-on Floyd-style locking nut and retainer bar. Seems odd to me to have a locking nut without a trem... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Also, the headstock on that guitar looks a lot like an Ibanez.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

The serial Killer is the model I was talking about it to me is the only thing on the site I liked. I like the Giger kind of feel to it, & I love odd shaped guitars.

Thanks everybody for their honest opinions, That's just another reason why I like comming here on a daily basis.

& to see who Ron flames everyday [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The only one I liked was the green SG sort of thing. But, I would want it in a 6 string. I am not a fan of the 7's.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X