Look what I found in the trash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look what I found in the trash!

the last two posts bring in good points. nice find though.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Avenged:
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They bring up an excellent point: you should take this guitar to the police!

If your stolen guitar is found in the trash, wouldn't you be extremely grateful if it was turned in?

It's not like this is just some cash found on the street or something - that guitar might mean something to somebody.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Quick, put it on Ebay and find out exactly how much it means to someone [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I'd ask the guy whose trash you found it in. He probably doesn't know shit about guitars, much less old Gibsons.

Then again, maybe he took it to a local shop and they tried to cheat him out of it by ragging on the replaced bridge and shaved neck, so he took it home and threw it away.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Seventh Avenged:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They bring up an excellent point: you should take this guitar to the police!

If your stolen guitar is found in the trash, wouldn't you be extremely grateful if it was turned in?

It's not like this is just some cash found on the street or something - that guitar might mean something to somebody.
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Something like this happened recently with a Stradivarius...a cello I think,it was stolen from the dudes porch by a guy on a bike and then a nurse found it by a dumpster and since she didn't know what it was she almost had it turned into a CD cabinet! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
          Here's the story cello

I would check to see if the guitar has been reported stolen and if not enjoy your find!

Comment

Hey, THERE'S an idea - you'd be the only guy on the block (planet probably) with a Gibson ES-150 CD cabinet [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What kinda fucktard owns a genuine Stradivarius cello and "forgets it" on the fucking PORCH!?! Douche deserved to lose it.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Quite frankly, I did not get the "stolen" vibe out of this scenario, especially while brushing off the rice that was dumped on top of it in the garbage, along with other leftovers. As far as I'm concerned, being pulled out of a trash can does not holler stolen. If however, a victim of theft can identify it to my satisfaction, I'll gladly turn it over. I called my buddy in the local PD, and he will notify me should a report come in. Now, I'm gonna' go clean the tomato sauce off the back of the headstock [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Fry the rice. And do the noble thing. What ever stir-fries you.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Stolen or not, it's amazes me how that guitar could end up in a dumpster.

Comment

Matt your means of Phillosiphy never seams to amaze me enough, your one Eliquint Mother
                    F&$ker [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Do not be offended In short it's meant as a compliment. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Yeah garbage cans are finders keepers territory [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I did buy an old banjo at a garage sale for $15 once. It was in need of restoration and it sat in my attic for close to 10 years. I figured I was'nt going to get around to fixing it so i put it on ebay starting at $1. The damn thing went for $750.00 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Turns out it was a Vega from the '20's or 30's and a 5 string too which there wer'nt many of.Was even missing some of the hardware! You never know [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

That's unbelievable that someone would simply through that one away. Cripes, a few bucks in parts and some elbow grease, and you've got a really nifty guitar there.

Congrats on the find and for rescuing it from an inevitable end in a landfill. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Holy SHIT! Great stories guys! One's shit is anothers gold....

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by pro-fusion:
                            I'm guessing either (a) drugs, or (b) pissed-off spouse! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm guessing "grampa's dead an' gone now, guess we can toss his old geetar" [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Nice score [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Newc
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My girlfriend's grandpa was a violinist, and after his death they gave away his violin and flute. Okay, flute wasn't that expensive, but violin was made in ~1875. They GAVE IT AWAY!

I was shocked when I heard that and they were asking why. I explained them, why was the "buyer" so happy about it. They hit their heads against the wall every time this violin is metioned. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I would immagine that guitar would be worth a ton, does anybody have any idea the general value ?

Comment

Are you one of those lucky people that wins stuff all the time or finds $100 dollar bills on the sidewalk? Great find! That would never happen to me. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X