Ernie ball petrucci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernie ball petrucci

Is there any way one can get an ernie ball petrucci signature model with everything BUT "john petrucci" on the headstock? I love the guitar and its probably one of the best ive ever played, but id never be able to own a signature guitar. Its just not unique enough for me, with someone elses name all over it and such. Anyone know if this is possible?

Re: Ernie ball petrucci

Absolutely NOT. The only way you can do that is to refinish the headstock yourself (or have it done) after purchase... They're awesome guitars though, and if you deny yourself one because you've got some hang-up about the sig. cache, it's you're loss... Hell, the sig. isn't even that noticable, especially on a finished headstock...

Comment

Im not doubting theyre awesomeness, in fact, I owned one a while ago. I just had to take it back to the store due to a sudden money situation. Its probably the best feeling guitar i ever played. But signatures are my hangup. So yes, perhaps its then my loss. They even offer it with inlays that say "jp" which i think look cool but is retarded because then you have someone elses name even more places on the guitar, again making it less unique to you. I dont like the finished headstocks either, so perhaps i could lightly sand the signature off the wood?

Comment

Originally posted by SixStringSuicide:
        I dont like the finished headstocks either, so perhaps i could lightly sand the signature off the wood?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">On an unfinished headstock, you could probably swing that if you were careful and had some experience with wood finishing - you do have to take off the clear coat and then the sig, but if it looked too raw you could always sign it yourself at that point [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What are those Ernie Ball's guitars exactly? I've seen Music Man replicas, called OLP and there was written Ernie Ball on the headstock.

Are Ernie Ball also replicas of Music Man?

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
            What are those Ernie Ball's guitars exactly? I've seen Music Man replicas, called OLP and there was written Ernie Ball on the headstock.

Are Ernie Ball also replicas of Music Man?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ernie Ball owns Music Man. OLP ("Officially Licensed Products") makes a sanctioned copy of some of the EB/MM guitars. Check out this link on EB/MM: Ernie Ball
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
            X