Hamer Monaco Elite vs Gibson Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamer Monaco Elite vs Gibson Les Paul

My question is: What exactly does a Les Paul sound like. I have played many Les Pauls, and can honestly say that no 2 of them sounded exactly alike. This can be due to different pickups, neck material, aluminum or brass tailpiece, and all kinds of other things that have varied throughout the years. The sound of the guitar can vary a lot even from the differences in two pieces of wood. Mahogany can vary greatly in density from one piece to the next, that's why some LPs are light, and some of them are back breakers.

So again I ask, what is that special Les Paul sound that you can't get on another guitar?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by edgar allan poe:

Statements like this make me laugh....mojo...WTF is mojo? Is there some Hatian witch in the Gibby factory giving them "mojo"..lol.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There must be a Hatian witch, otherwise why would everyone have so much desire to buy or copy the Les Paul. Perhaps Hamer should hire a witch too, then maybe they could increase their daily output beyond the 3 they make a day......

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
        So again I ask, what is that special Les Paul sound that you can't get on another guitar?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Flip to the neck bucker and play some leads. While some people will claim they can get the same tone from a Soloist, I say they be full of crap.............

Comment

I got a quote on a Hamer Monaco Elite Custom with 24 frets, extra inlays at the 1st and 24th frets, belly cut on the back of the body, tone chamber inside, standard mahogany body/neck with trans black flame top... and the price was something like less than $2300. Great price for a custom, if you ask me. You also get a choice of the standard/rounder neck profile or the modern/slimmer profile, plus you can give them specs on any other type of profile you want. Hamer kicks ass!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X