PEAVEY EVH WOLFGANG SPECIAL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEAVEY EVH WOLFGANG SPECIAL?

Has anyone played or own this model? I need a backup to my SL2H. I haven't played it yet but intend to try one out. I'm curious what others think about the import EVH. How's the Tone, sustain, feel, finish, etc?

Is the USA model worth the $1k+? I noticed it had a tone knob and a carved body. I'm inclined to buy another USA Jackson if I'm going to shell out the $, but this seemed liked a less costly alternative.

Re: PEAVEY EVH WOLFGANG SPECIAL?

Originally posted by Y&T:
    Has anyone played or own this model? I need a backup to my SL2H. I haven't played it yet but intend to try one out. I'm curious what others think about the import EVH. How's the Tone, sustain, feel, finish, etc?

Is the USA model worth the $1k+? I noticed it had a tone knob and a carved body. I'm inclined to buy another USA Jackson if I'm going to shell out the $, but this seemed liked a less costly alternative.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">USA Specials aren't arched tops. They look like the imports, but the imports have quilted tops that aren't very deep. Either are a good buy, but I'd rather have a USA special, since if you're careful you can find em used for less than the imports sell for new. Great guitars, I love mine.

Pete

Comment

I've owned both the standard and the special. Comparing the two I would take the US made special over the standard based on the cost alone. No difference in playability or tone. Anyway, Jackson all over the Wolfgang so it becomes a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by vitovanhalen:
        I've owned both the standard and the special. Comparing the two I would take the US made special over the standard based on the cost alone. No difference in playability or tone. Anyway, Jackson all over the Wolfgang so it becomes a moot point.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Play them both... my wolfgangs are easier to play than any jackson I've owned, and I've owned a ton of jacksons and charvels, from San Dimas models to custom shop. For some of us, the wolf neck profile is preferred...

Pete

Comment

Twister is right - the neck is the best part of them (and the neck p/u), but I guess what I don't like about them is their "Les Paul" like feel without the contours, etc. They feel like like I'm playing off my right hip, but everyone is different.

Comment

Working...
          X