ESP "The Mirage" A great Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP "The Mirage" A great Guitar

Yeah, they sure did copy the best! The Jackson-headstocks look so much better than ESP's own that it's not even funny... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

However, when it comes to reversed headstocks, I think ESP's look better than Jackson's!

My SL2H and my Mirage Custom are pretty much all I need, but I still want more guitars.. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

GAS moves in mysterious ways [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

That is a sweet looking guitar Chuck.

The trems are very solid units on the older ones. Like I said early on in this thread, They have a bunch of advantages over the floyd. My main reason for the switch is that the floyd feels more comfortable and I can get them to sit on the body which is important to me. With the ESP trems I can get them to do that. Parts are a big issue too. I wish they still sold parts for them.

Comment

like the finishes and craftsmanship had a gunslinger . don't really care for the nut though and like the sound on a glued in or neck through better especially for lean , but too each his own

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRhoads:
          like the finishes and craftsmanship had a gunslinger . don't really care for the nut though and like the sound on a glued in or neck through better especially for lean , but too each his own
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me failed english?? That's unpossible!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: ESP \"The Mirage\" A great Guitar

I have a 80's horizon neck thru with the jackson style headstock, let me tell you that guitar screams and plays great. the only think i dont like is the fugly color, it is a orange or coper type color but it was all i could find, took me two times to finaly get this guitar, first one was stolen off my doorstep and i got lucky and the second one kinda fell in my hands. Anyway i defintly love the older ESP's.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Got any pics? I'd love to see it!! </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Ditto on the pics. Got any? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Comment

Firebird,
                  I finally got round to replacing the sinclair for the Floyd - just as you said, I had to rasp out the arm mounting, but that was it. Thanks very much for taking the fear out of doing this. It's a shame the Floyd nut doesn't directly replace the ESP one though!
                  Cheers
                  Ian
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Cool. Glad it all worked out for you. I never replaced the nut. The holes under don't line up or is the nut hang over the shelf or something?

Comment

The ESP nut is bigger from fingerboard to tuners, so the holes don't line up and even if they were doweled and redrilled, there would be a bare wood shelf of 3 or 4 mm, not the end of the world I know, but not ideal.....still, the old one seems OK at the moment, so fingers crossed!
                      Thanks again
                      Ian
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

cool. thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                        X