Dean hardtail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean hardtail.

Played a USA Dean hard tail yesterday man what a nice guitar.Kind of PRS looking set neck but it felt very nice.Sounded very "Gibsonish" but all in all a beauty.$1300.00 was a little more than I had on me.What did these go for new any body know? Does any one have one I'd like to get your take on them.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: Dean hardtail.

Everyone who's played one raves about them. Shawn on this board has one...maybe even two. He'll weigh in on this thread.

New price was close to 2 grand, I believe, if not more.

Comment

I love mine. The neck is perfect (for me). It's sonically rounded and covers a lot of ground tone wise. Better than any Les Paul I've ever played or owned (3). Worth every penny - I really have no complaints. Here's a pic:

Comment

Dean USA Hardtails are absolutely beautiful instruments. PRS? Nice, but no competition. I own 2, and have my eye on a third, a Spalted Maple.

I have a great guitar connection who gets me all the geetars I want at cost. The $1300 on that one would be money well spent depending on the finish, condition, etc...

Whch finish is it?

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

The one I played is a trans rootbeer color very flamey top natural binding very nice condition with OHSC.What manufacture are the pickups?What years were these made and how do you decode the serial numbers?Sorry for all the questions but there is no info in the "blue book"on these guitars. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

What year were they made? Still made. Pickups are a JB and a JAZZ, but they have a much darker sound coming from my Hardtails than from my SL2H, thats for sure.

For $1300, if it is in excellent condition, you would be foolish not to grab it.

If you bought it new, it would cost you $16-2100. $1300 is right around dealer cost.

A good deal, and if you want to sell it, you will get essentially every penny out of it.

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Thanks Shawn.I hope to make a trade deal on it soon.It is a very nice piece.BTW what are these listed under in the blue book All I saw was icon series ML,Z,etc.

Comment

Probably haven't made it into the blue book yet. They've only been out a couple years. And I'm with Shawn...grab it for 1300 bucks.

From what I understand,though, you might not want to be tradin' it...

Comment

Working...
                X