Schecters, Who has one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecters, Who has one?

I've been looking at the Schecters in MF recently and really like the looks of the C-1 Classic. What's the neck profile like on these? is the hardware decent quality? Fit/Finish issues? The price seems pretty low for a neck-thru with all the inlays etc, and I want to get some more info before I pull the trigger.

Re: Schecters, Who has one?

I can't comment specifically on the C-1 Classic, but I have the Papa Roach Jerry Horton (kinda like a bolt on C-1), a PT Tele, and the two new 'Aviation Series' Teles. Fit, finish, hardware, & quality is 1st rate. I'd say that as far as guitars that are made in Korea, I'd rate Schecter as much better than Epiphone or Ibanez in that catagory.

Neck profiles on my four are very comfortable to me, compatible with most my J/Cs and ESPs, etc. The necks are average thickness, not thin like Ibanez or some of the Jackson Pros.

Hope this helps a little.

Comment

I have a Schecter Stiletto Elite 4-string bass, and the thing is totally sweet. Excellent tone, beautiful black cherry stain over quilted maple top, gold hardware, neck through, etc. etc. An absolutely gorgeous, easy playing guitar.

Paid 489.00 for it. If I'd paid twice that, I'd still be happy.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

A friend of mine has a C-1 Classic and absolutely raves about it though I've not had a chance to play it yet. Very nicely appointed guitars for the price.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

One of my students has a C-1 Classic. It is a beautiful guitar and it plays and sounds like a guitar that is twice as expensive.

Comment

I played a few of the schecters recently and they are fantastic. I found the necks to be slightly "chunkier" than say a model series charvel neck-more rounded, but definitely not baseball bat like. The pictures in MF don't do them justice-they are absolutely beautiful guitars and they sound great-most of them are mahogany bodies with Duncan pups (I forget which ones). Even the bolt on one with the duncan designed pups was great for a 300 dollar guitar. Nice, low action, great fretwork, and the finishes are flawless. THe blue ones are my fave. I think you will like them alot!

Comment

I have the MF C-1 Stealth. It cost me $500, and is easily comparable to guitars double the price. Came stock with Duncan '59 and Distortion, and TonePros hardware. It's set neck, and the profile is very comforable. No quality, tone, or playability issues so far and I've had it for about a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric:
                I have the MF C-1 Stealth. It cost me $500, and is easily comparable to guitars double the price. Came stock with Duncan '59 and Distortion, and TonePros hardware. It's set neck, and the profile is very comforable. No quality, tone, or playability issues so far and I've had it for about a year now.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ditto here on the Stealth. It's a monster of a guitar.

The classic I had was very nice. The neck is pretty rounded but still comfortable. They are using great hardware in these and the build is excellent. Great guitar for the $ !

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the replies, I'm about to pull the trigger on SOMETHING in the next month or so and I'm still not sure what it's going to be. I wish someone had one here locally so I could play one before I just blindly hit "Buy", but it sounds like the C-1 may be the way to go.

Comment

RkR I would say go with the C-1 classic I have played a few of them, the only thing stopping me from buying on is it has no Floyd on it. & I don't want to route up such a great looking guitar,If I find one near me that has a stop tail bar I'll pick it up & put a fine tuning gibson stop bar on it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Great guitars for the money.
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

It took me forever to get used to the vine inlay on my 1st Ibanez Jem. I eventually sold that one and got a Root Beer model which had dots (the only Jem with dots I think)
                      I think I could get back into the vine inlay though, just gotta live off the side markers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob9874:
                        I too am very interested in the C-1 Classic. I think it has the best look and sound of any guitar in its price range. I've played it at my local store, and it sounds incredible. Much more low end than comparable guitars. The only thing that's keeping me from buying it is the "vine of life" inlay. Whereas it looks cool as hell, it was difficult to play on. What I thought was the 6th fret was actually the 7th, etc. I may be able to get used to it, but I won't know until I play it for weeks. And I'm not sure I'm willing to drop $700 to find out.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Check eBay--you can get into a C-1 Classic for a lot less than that. Even for a new one.

Comment

I own lots of high end & vintage guitars...San Dimas Charvels, Custom Shop Gibsons, PRS....etc.

But my main guitars for playing live are Schecters.....specifically the S series. I have an S1 Flame with flame inlay & a Devil Tribal Elite which I've had the body & headstock covered in chrome-plated diamondplate aluminum.

These are the most fantastic guitars for the money. All the hardware is quality & the necks & fretwork are fantastic. They really play great. They don't feel like the typical cheap import guitar.

I load mine with Gibson Iommi humbuckers because I like the sound, but the stock electronics are very respectable.

They are really durable reliable guitars that you can play the hell out of without spending a lot. Highly recommended!

Comment

I've played the C-1 Classic in the stores, and it is a fantastic guitar. Sounds and plays great--an incredible value, in my opinion. The neck is rounder and slightly thicker than a Jackson, but very very playable.

The only thing I don't like is how they used plastic as the inlay material for the 'vine of life' inlay. I know that any Korean guitar is sure to have plastic inlays, but it's a lot more noticeable on such an extensive inlay pattern. But in every other way, there is absolutely nothing about the Classic that is cut-rate. I much prefer it to any of the lower-cost set-neck C-1s that I've played. The other C-1s always seem a bit harder to play and 'duller' sounding (even unamplified) in comparison to the Classic.

Personally, I have an A-7 Elite and a V-7. Both are out-of-production 7-string guitars--the A-7 Elite is a neckthru that absolutely slays!

Comment

I have a C1 Elite and used to own a C1 Classic that I regret selling. They are both great guitars and IMO can't be beat in thier price range.

Comment

Working...
                              X