peavey wolfgang in trans blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey wolfgang in trans blue?

Anyone have any pictures of the Peavey Wolfgang standard in trans blue? If so thanks. The only one Ive seen so far is the one off Peavey's site.

Re: peavey wolfgang in trans blue?

Here's mine:

That's a flash pic - the guitar is a few shades darker in person.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Blue Flametop w/a TOM! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Very nice.

Comment

wow that looks killer. thanks a lot dude. Im really getting the itch for a Wolfgang. Im just waiting for my amp and cab to sell so I can buy some new stuff. I havent bought a guitar in like a year and half and its killing me. Along with the wolfgang I might grab a new Jackson or a strat, or both. Guitars are too addicting. So many guitars, so little money. Once my stuff sells and I got the funds Im going to keep an eye on ebay for a trans blue wolfgang with a floyd in good shape. Most wolfies look to be about $800 give or take a hundred. Man that blue lookes killer. How does it look in person? Would you compare it to PRS style blue trans?

Comment

Get one, they're killer guitars and I *love* the tone. It actually looks better in person, the blue is a couple of shades darker than the pic and the flame is a bit better that it appears. It's almost exactly the color of the whale blue sample on the PRS site.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

everyone keeps saying how good they are. I got to play the one that doesnt have all the binding and stuff and really liked the neck on it. I didnt get a chance to plug it into an amp but I liked how it played. Blue is such an awesome color. I might have to pick one up for sure now. How is the clean on them? I know they rip on distortion but hows the clean? Thanks for the pic dude, the blue looks killer.

Comment

The tone is pretty bright and open, lots of presence, to the point that some think it's a bit harsh. I don't feel that way though I do find myself at times dialing the tone back just a bit when using the bridge pickup alone (and that's rare for me). But of course YMMV: I'm playing it through a Vetta and the pups seem to work *very* well to drive the Vetta's models (part of the reason I love this guitar so much).

Comment

thanks for the input. I think once my amp and cab sell Im going to pick up a new amp and search ebay or other places for a trans blue wolfgang in good shape. This will be the first non Jackson Ive bought in a while. At least its 3 Jacksons and will be 1 Peavey.

Comment

I still prefer my old one [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

purple isnt my color but that still looks sweet.

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Mmmmm Purple flame Wolfgang.. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] . My favorite of the trans colors on the Wolfgangs by far. Green is my second. That blue is very killer too, though. I just have my plain old boring Trans Amber [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

Comment

Yet Another One got that blue wolf from me... it's a KILLER guitar. I still have two of the wolfgang specials - I prefer them to the standards (archtops) but all of the wolfs that I've owned or played were great guitars. Even the cheapo korean imports are good.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                          Yet Another One got that blue wolf from me... it's a KILLER guitar.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That it is sir, I feel like I should send you a thank-you note every time I pick it up. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

For sure now I have to get one. Everyone I have talked to said they play great and sound great. Plus its something new and different than my Jacksons. Its always good to change things up every now and then. Ive seen a trans green one once and it looked pretty killer, didnt get to play it though. Thanks for all the input and if anyone finds anymore pics of trans blue let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson16:
                              For sure now I have to get one.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The only concern I'd have going from playing primarily Jacksons is the neck profile. But since you've played one and dig the feel, I'd definitely say, "Go for it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X