My New Honey!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Honey!!!

Well, after finally breaking down and deciding I needed a guitar with single coils, I picked up a brand new G&L George Fullerton Sig. Series. These guits are indeed bad ass. Anyway, Here she is in Honeyburst to match her sister, the LP Standard. Let me know what you think. Oh yeah, The plain white pickgaurd is a goner.... I have a pearloid one on order.

Re: My New Honey!!!

Nice score you've got here. I love the "classical" look. Btw, do you have any clearer pic of that honey burst finish? I mean, I saw the honey, but not the burst. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

classic! very nice. A tortoiseshell p/g would look good with the white pickups too
      Hail yesterday

Comment

nice indeed, just keep on rockin' brotha

cheers

Comment

You made a really nice choice. I go to the G & L booth every year at the NAMM Show and they always have nice guitars. More than that, these guitars are made, in my opinion, the way Leo wanted the "Strat" made. They just sound and look great. It takes time to put out a G & L. Yes, they are made on a line, but not a mass production line like Fender, and they seem to be made with so much more care and attention to detail. And by the way, I am not too much into Les Paul's but the the one you have showing is very nice indeed. It seems to me you have all of the music bases covered. Again, good choice on the G & L. I hope it does all that you want it to do.

Comment

I like everything about G&Ls but the neck shape - and that's just personal bias, of course - they're fantastic guitars... but don't you find it a bit of an adjustment moving from a LP Standard neck to the wider, flatter G&L neck?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimi D:
              I like everything about G&Ls but the neck shape - and that's just personal bias, of course - they're fantastic guitars... but don't you find it a bit of an adjustment moving from a LP Standard neck to the wider, flatter G&L neck?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There is an adjustment changing between the two. But then again, their is also a change in mindset for me, also. I have huge hands and have never really had a problem with different size/shape necks. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The crazy thing is, I picked the G&L up and played it unplugged and the things I liked most were the acoustic sound it rang and the shape of the V neck. Who'd a thunk it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool Brad! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Congrats on the new axe!

Comment

I've never played a G&L but they look sweet. How is the neck shape on that?
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Nice guitar there! I've liked the G&L's that I've played. If I had a lot of "discretionary income", it might be cool to have one of those or perhaps an Invader. G&L seems to make very good guitars, so I think you'll be happy for a long time. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I'm not into traditional strats anymore, but the G&Ls I've tried out over the years always seemed like first-class guitars--nice necks and built to last.

Oddly enough, the nicest strat I've ever personally owned was an early Japanese Squier Strat--it wasn't anything fancy, but it just had "it", if you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                      X