B.C. Rich Gunslinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B.C. Rich Gunslinger

Actually, Dan Lawrence did the graphic, but when he was at BC Rich. According to the guy I ordered the guitar through, mine was one of the very last guitars out of the factory before the Class Axe days started.

Comment

So, what is the difference between a Gunslinger and an "Outlaw"? I'm looking at maybe picking one up but the place is calling it an "Outlaw". Is there a difference? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Now I remember why I loved those guitars so much, even though I never had to opportunity to own one. I may have to change that...

Comment

isn't an outlaw a foriegn made gunslinger?

Comment

I have to dig my old pic up of mine. I got mine new at Sam Ash in White Plains NY. Maple neck, Nagel finish (greem/black)I put a real Floyd on it and a bunch of pickups. In FLA at summers on the beach my old singer missed a pryo cue, knocked it of its stand and snapped the headstock clean. I got the neck fixed but it was never the same so i sold it. I still have the video somewhere of the neck getting broke. Man did that suck. Great guitars. So underrated.
            www.kiddhavok.com
            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperfuzz:
              So, what is the difference between a Gunslinger and an "Outlaw"? I'm looking at maybe picking one up but the place is calling it an "Outlaw". Is there a difference? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gunslingers have one bridge pickup. The Outlaw has the single in the neck. Don't believe what anyone else tells you! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I've had about ten Gunslingers (including the Bengal one earlier in this thread!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ), and loved EACH of them! Killer guitars, and IMHO, as good as the San Dimas C/J's. I'm more of a Les Paul guy these days though. I miss them though!

Comment

i need a nice slinger, im still trying to find one with a straight hum. i dont like angled pickups. also ST-3s are great guitars, same thing just more pickups. they were also around for a couple of years before the slingers so its easier to find earlier ones, which i prefer. since for a year or so before class axe took over you see alot of inconsistent guitars, a mish mosh of hardware, OK fret work & just some bad playing guitars.

Comment

Thanks Chris, the one I'm looking at is a definitely a Gunslinger. I think they are going to want too much for it but I'm going to shoot them a fair market-rate offer for it and see what they say.

Comment

I found a Gunslinger with reverse head, maple board, & two slanted SD Livewires @ a pawn yesterday for $350. Were all Gunslingers MIA? Should I pick it up?

Comment

as far as i know there was NO import gunslinger...EVER, there were import strat shaped richs but no gunslinger. BTW look around ebay, ive seen a few go real cheap like under $300

Comment

And of course....they aren't budging on it. I think $800 is a bit high, particularly on a graphic I'm not super crazy about. Although if they came down on it a bit I would be ok with it. Oh well, I'll find one eventually.

Comment

$800 is silly $ for a slinger. if you want ive got an early ST-3 for sale. its NEAR mint 3 chips 2 of them are under the trem. otherwise its perfect, original & from the era before the downfall of BCRich. & i think they are still falling [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks J2. I appreciate it! I don't know, shoot me a pic or 2, I may be interested.

I think what my deal is, that several months ago, possibly a year or so, I don't remember now, someone had three customs with three different similar graphics up on Ebay. I wanted one them SO bad, but didn't pull the trigger because I was paying off other things at the time. Although, technically I could have done it, I passed. Now, that I'm all caught up and would jump on it immediately, well, I snoozed, so....

You'll have that occasionally. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Well look on the bright side ..... Tis better to have snoozed and lost than to never have snoozed at all!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Besides.... patience will reward you. Sooner or later damn near everything pops back on ebay. I have a guitar that I passed on two times... regretted it both times and then snagged it the third time for a killer price. You just never know.......

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperfuzz:
                                Thanks Chris, the one I'm looking at is a definitely a Gunslinger. I think they are going to want too much for it but I'm going to shoot them a fair market-rate offer for it and see what they say.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One in good shape should get about $400, maybe $500-600 with a graphic.

Gunslingers ONLY HAVE ONE pickup! If it has any other configuration, it isn't a Gunslinger ~ it's someone selling a guitar that knows nothing about Rich's. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X