Clear All

• need help! what duncan came stock in the old USA KRAMER baretta's

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...t/labels.shtml

Distortion

Re: need help! what duncan came stock in the old USA KRAMER baretta\'s

Originally posted by L:
    http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...t/labels.shtml

Distortion
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] thanks!

Comment

I always thought they were JB's...? The label code you gave does point to a Distortion though. maybe it is not the stock pickup. The 2 Barettas I had came with JB's though. Hmmm. Anyone else?

Comment

They all came with JB's. There were usually 3 letters on a white sticker on the back, something like JJB or JBB. Those 80's JB's sound so much better than the current ones.

Comment

You need to buy the DDJ they are a killer pickup.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The first Barettas came with Schaller zebras. I never liked the JB, but then again I dont think the new Schallers are the same as those used by Kramer in the early-mid 80's. Anyone want to shed some light on this?

Comment

Someone is selling a Duncan Distortion on Harmony Central. I believe they want $40 shipped. Save some money and buy it used.

Comment

need help! what duncan came stock in the old USA KRAMER baretta\'s

I know i guy who will sell me his stock duncan pup from his old USA baretta?
                he is not sure which duncan it is?
                anyone know? it is zebra(black/creme coils) and has a DDJ label

[ June 24, 2004, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: randyvanmalmsteen ]

Comment

The Schallers were first, but they were only used until late 84/early 85. After that, all Duncans, and the JB was the standard bridge humbucker. That distortion is most likely not stock. The JB was the bridge pickup in 99% of all USA Kramers, back in the day.

Comment

Schaller makes a very nice pickup, great tone.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Were those older Schallers the same as the newer ones? I have an 84 Pacer Deluxe and the bridge is a high output Schaller and before the internet I thought it was some Dimarzio as it looks like a Super III. I don't recall on Stew mac seeing a Schaller pickup which resembles the one I have now with 12 hex poles.

I actually prefer the Schaller to a JB call me crazy [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X