Fender Srat Double Hum Hardtail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Srat Double Hum Hardtail

Anybody have one of these, either the newer ones or the Big Appple Strat, what are they like? I was thinking about going for one. I love the newer Strats and the necks, but hate Vintage Trems. Thanks-Jack.

Re: Fender Srat Double Hum Hardtail

I think Toejam has a green one!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It seams their are not that many that owns this model, everyone seams to like the vintage trem better. Jack.

Comment

I had one. It was a great guitar. I also love hardtail strats. They have a different vibe than the trem models. I think that my big apple had a fatter tone than my trem one. I have a traditional single setup as well on a hardtail which has a cool tele vibe in the bridge position. Hope this helps.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I think Toejam has a green one!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          He was selling his couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Yeah, I was trying to sell it, but I just may keep it. It does sound sweet and plays really nice. Originally they were called the Big Apple Strat, then they were discontinued, made a few changes and called it the Double Fat Strat.
            The differences in the two, from what I recall:
            The BA had two string trees and tuners all the same size, Pearly Gates bridge pup with '59 neck.
            The DFS had staggered Schaller/Fender tuners with only one string tree with the newer Pearly Gates Plus in the bridge, rounded fingerboard edges.
            I know they discontinued the Teal Green Metallic color that mine is, and I think they've even discontinued the Double Fat Strat model and now call it something else.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If I recall correctly, the Big Apple was the model that Gary Hoey originally endorsed when he signed on with Fender.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Very cool guys!! Joe, let me know if you want to sell, or trade plus cash for my VHT Pittbull CL-100 combo? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

I'de buy that **** ina heartbeat man. thats the kinda start I've been looking for for a while now.

Comment

Working...
                  X