• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VM-1 Vinnie Moore Ibanez came today ===>

Gracious Sukisyn [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, I have used Sperzel tuners and like them very much!! Thanks-Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The one Vinnie originally had made for him had the Floyd w/ no fine tuners and no locking nut - in some interviews he has stated he thought it (dbl locking steup) affected the tone too much, and the fine tuners messed up his picking hand position......

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that the bridge on Vinnie's guitar in the ad is different to the guitars they are advertising.

Very cool score, fullshred. I've liked those ever since I picked up one of his instructional videos a few years back. I had actually searched for one for a while, not knowing they were a sig model. Well, actually, assuming they were a sig model like any other Ibanez sig model and commonly available. Didn't know they were released in such limited numbers. No wonder I couldn't find one!

I think we must be due a group shot soon, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

There were a few production ones made w/ the Floyds, but from what i was told, the majority had an Ibanez version... Either way - sweet score!

Comment

I hijacked this link from Crankdaddy's Ritz thread.
            These guys are showing one in their used stock!

Comment

That's the one! They just didn't update their site, those little teasers....The 'ol bait and switch, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the kudos guys. An orgy shot may be on its way. Stay tuned... [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The really funny thing is that there's no sign on the guitar whatsoever that states it's a "signature" model. You would think that Ibanez would have somehow inscribed the words "Vinnie Moore" or at least "VM" on the head. Nuttin! It's commonly referred to as the "Star-4" and they only made 50 of them from 1989 to 1991 if I recall correctly. 25 in the plain white and 25 in the "splatter paint", with the "splatter" being the more expensive of the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet you're glad that they didn't identify it as a signature model. For whatever reason, Ibanez seems to "non-identify" a lot of their signature models. About 3 years ago, I picked up an Ibanez JPM P-4 with the original case from a pawn shop for about $350. The shop, not seeing any identifying marks, thought it was just an "Ibanez guitar in camo finish", as they stated on the tag.

Cool score on your guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Very cool guitar. I bought one in Dec. of '89 played it for about two years before selling it. Enjoy it, those things play like a champ and don't pop up too often.
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I have a guitar lesson of Vinnie Moore where he plays his VM1SH signature. Nice sounding thingy, but kinda doesn't impress me by the look. But I am glad if she makes you happy in any way. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, I have the same vid ("Speed, Accuracy, and Articulation") The Vinman can shred like a mofo [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Unfortunately the new UFO does not showcase VM's playing enough, imo. I'm hearing that a new solo album is well-within the "works" similar to "Mind's Eye." How cool would that be?

Comment

Thanks for all the praise fellers. It plays like budda...

Comment

nice. TIme odyssey was one of my favorite albums back in the day.
                          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            haha, those are some Nice sig. guitars though, the rebs and moores. i hear petrucci's are rad too.

suh-weet score!

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the petrucci's are overrated. I had one for 2 years and the playability is great, the tone is weak, plain and simple, take the first model 5 or model 6, 650 or 750 you can find and it will kick the petrucci's ass tonewise and depending on the model the playability as well.

Harrald

Comment

Working...
                            X