What to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do...

OK, rich folks need to move on past this thread, unless you're frugal, in which case, **** off you skinflint!!

Kidding!

Here's what I want some help on. I want a new guitar. I have a few options here, and any advice or leads would be much appreciated. Now, I REALLY want a V. So much that it hurts. But, I don't think my budget (which is between 150-200 bucks ) is gonna allot me much quality in a V. Strats, maybe (as we'll discuss in a bit), but prolly not a V. Anyway, here's my options, help me out.

1. Strat or Tele copy from Rondo.

SX SST 57

SX SST Fat

SX STL-50 .
    I have experience with Rondo, my 5-string fretless is holding up quite well. I don't own a 6-string "normal" guitar with humbuckers, but on the other hand, I love that black one with singles and the maple board. Tele's are just...Tele's, they kick ass.

2. Try to find a V or nice strat copy on eBay that fits into said budget. This may be a tall order, I found a couple potential good buys, but, it's eBay.

3. Try to find a V or nice strat copy in the classifieds here. I'm planning on doing this anyway, I just wanted to say it here in case someone misses my upcoming post in the classified section, lol.

Hit me back, bro's.

Re: What to do...

Save more money and get a better V. It's worth the extra time and effort.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What the hell is a Rondo? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I totally agree save some more money for a better guitar! You'll be glad you did.
      You can get an import RR or Kv for a little more than double what you already have. Dean and Washburn have some low cost v's that are pretty decent too. Also try some of the mail order catalogs musicians fr. , american mu. etc. Don't give up on ebay yet, you can find some decent buys sometimes. Good Luck, jacksonfan
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I agree with Newc. Don't waste your $$ on 2nd rate gear. Take a little extra time, save up a little extra $$, and get something tha you really want. You will be much happier in the end. (Even though you really, really, really want one RIGHT NOW!) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

What Newc said.

Jim
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What Newc said.

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]
            Ditto.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              SX - EST Fat Black
              Weight: 30.0 lbs
              List Price:
              Sale Price:

[/ QUOTE ]

Holyshitfukk Batman!!! 30 freekin' lbs?!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

lol, that's just the shipping weight.

"Saving up" isn't really an option right now, as I quit my job. I'm gonna look for another one...soon, so... We'll see. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

If you quit your job, you should probably wait until you've gotten another, then save like the other guys suggested. I realize that's a PITA to do, but if you don't find a job soon, that 200-300 you're going to spend on the guitar, might be what keeps you from living in the street?

Comment

I absolutely agree with the sagacious Adrenaline Junkie. It wouldn't be wise to spend the cash on a 3rd-rate guitar that you "want" when you might well "need" the cash for food or shelter. And why buy a really cheap guitar that you'll probably be unhappy with anyways? (Remember, "Rondo" rhymes with "Hondo". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

Best idea is to hold off purchasing something till your financial situation gets better and you can afford something that you'll be happy with.
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      sagacious

[/ QUOTE ]

For using that word, you are now on my cool list for life!!

Lol, guys, it's not that serious. I live with my family, I'm not gonna be "out on the street" any time soon. This is "extra" money, not food money. I appreciate your concern, however.

It is probably wise for me to hold on to the cash I have, though. Jeez, you people are so darn "sagacious! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

ditto save up ...you wont regret it

Comment

Cheap V
                          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Cheap V

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I saw that. Don't like it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] . I prefer the roundhorn, Gibby style. A few Rhoads and KV styles axes appeal to me but, not that one. Thanks, though! I'll find somethin'. If not, I'll just hold on to my money.

Comment

Have you ever checked out Dillion guitars? They are Korean made, and like Schecter....they are nice guitars for the money. www.dillionguitars.com

I recently picked up this Dillion V new for $450 without case:

This model was actually just discontinued most likely due to the resemblance to a Gibson. They are out there, though..check Ebay. I think there's one now with a $349 BIN.

It is really nice looking in person & gives off the vibe of a more expensive guitar. It plays damn good for the price. Pickups, though could be better....but you can do a swap down the line.

Comment

Working...
                              X