Joined the Les Paul Club today.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined the Les Paul Club today.......

This is a killer guitar....played a few, really liked them - and scored this one on an evilbay crapshoot....nicer than described and plays like butter...turns out it was/is a Standard Premium Plus - the picture doesn't do the top justice, also - the color is more amber than yellow....after 20+ years of Strat addiction, this is a gas...my first guitar was a shitty LP copy that I adored, so this takes me back...

I blame this on Chuckracer and Hippie Tim for getting me thinking about them again [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks guys.

Steve E

Re: Joined the Les Paul Club today.......

Very nice, I've always like the looks of the Standard over the Custom.

Killer looking top.

Comment

WOW Nice Maple top!
      So you are busy this week getting bunch of stuff..
      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        WOW Nice Maple top!
        So you are busy this week getting bunch of stuff..
        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh Toru - very busy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Lee just emailed a tracking #, and my wife just told me she's pregnant, so yeah, I'm pretty excited about the guitar [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Bwahahahaha - a true gearhead [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just on Cloud 9 all the way around - what an awesome week [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

Forgot to say you are also excited about your wife's pregnancy?
          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CONGRATS! I can't wait to see more pix of the guitars you are getting.. and the baby.

Comment

Congrats... on both the sweet guitar and the baby on the way! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Forgot to say you are also excited about your wife's pregnancy?

CONGRATS! I can't wait to see more pix of the guitars you are getting.. and the baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww man - couldn't resist [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I can't even tell you how stoked I am about that [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] My 3yr old bashes out songs about choclate milk on her GMW (doesn't every kid have one?) - the new one had to have a Les Paul, sooooo....

Cloud 9 all the way [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

Congrats. Nice one for sure.

Comment

Yellow the binding and the inlays and that would look just like my Les Paul Classic Premium Plus. Congrats!!!

Comment

I also prefer the look of the standard over the custom. It seems strange that Customs would have solid colors, and Standards would have transparent flametops.....weird.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...15&rd=1Now you're hooked. You know you just have to have these. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...15&rd=1Now you're hooked. You know you just have to have these. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] $2000 + for a set of PAF's huh??? Crazy...

I'll probably drop a zebra Duncan JB / 59 combo in there, but I don't see real PAF's in my future, unless they're attached to a guitar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

Nice top on that one. Congrats.

I've been jonesing for a LP shape lately. I've just never really been partial to Gibbys, though. I think it's the shorter scale length that turns me off.

Maybe I'd do better with a GMP, as (I think) those are 25.5s.

Comment

Beautiful guitar, and BEAUTIFUL photograph too! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] How much did you pay for her, if you don't mind me asking? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice Paul!
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X