Shamray Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shamray Guitars

I found out about these from another forum. I don't know if any of you lot have encountered them before, but they do look quite interesting!
    Shamray Guitars

Re: Shamray Guitars

They look like some **** from Russia is not following patent laws, and selling guitars of other peoples designs and passing them off as his own.......I think that about covers it.........

Comment

haha, those look awesome and just like the real thing.

Comment

Yah, they make knockoffs, but they'll make just about anything you want, for an awesome price. Apparently the guitars are very high quality too.

Comment

Not bad.
          I like their inlay work.

Comment

They take pictures of works in progress. It's worth checking out: http://www.musicforums.ru/sh_int/ind...shamraygallery

How many builders will make you a high quality custom design for less than 2k?

Comment

I laughed out loud at this shot of them cutting a body blank:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Graphics look pretty cool though.
                Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Damn, if i had the money to get a custom shop guitar, it would be from these guys.

Comment

I very seriously looked into getting a guitar from them, but after my experiences with the inattentive jerk named Michael who does the customer service, and also realizing their work isn't that great, there are about 100 people/companies I'd rather get a custom from.

Comment

holy crap-o-la i could get them to build me a tele custom with a tune-o-matic and hums for like 900 bucks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

How many builders will make you a high quality custom design for less than 2k? - most luthiers in Poland , so i assume same goes to Czech rep. and Russia especially.

Comment

http://www.musicforums.ru/sh_int/bro...&replies=6

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

It's interesting to note that there is another topic under this section discussing Fender's cease-and-desist order against Scott Lentz. And here's a company in a foreign land that is seemingly immune to the very situation that has caused Lentz to cease operations.

As for the guitars themselves, the Shamrays seem to provide a Russian-produced answer to Ibanez, Fender, Gibson and possibly Jackson and ESP. A few of the designs show some originality but some seem to be rather direct knockoffs.

I wonder if FMIC will pursue companies in Russia or other former Eastern bloc nations. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              How many builders will make you a high quality custom design for less than 2k? - most luthiers in Poland , so i assume same goes to Czech rep. and Russia especially.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche.

Comment

Working...
                              X