Westbury Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westbury Guitar

Just purchased a Westbury guitar. Anyone have any experience with one these guitar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll...3741400260>
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Westbury Guitar

[ QUOTE ]
    Just purchased a Westbury guitar. Anyone have any experience with one these guitar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll...3741400260>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, before someone answers, telling you that it is a cheap Japanese guitar, I'll tell you that these are very well made, and versatile guitars. Assuming it is like the one a friend of mine had, the neck is similar to a Les Paul, but not one of the big fat log necks.

When you get it, let us know what you think, and post some pics.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

backdoor?

Comment

<font color="aqua">I actually have one of these. Mine's originally a Standard but it was customized through the years. I have had it for around 23 or 24 years and it's been scalloped, tremolo'd and untremolo'd [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], coil tap switch, the three hums are wired up like a three hum les paul (v,v,v,t). The pickups are the old Dimarzio's super distortion, super distortion, and paf. I have played this thing into the ground (well as well as I can play that is.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and I don't think I'll ever let it go. Not the prettiest thing anymore but here's a pic as she sits now:

</font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That is nice looking! I'm sure there all different models out there, but don't have a clue what mine is yet.

Comment

My buddy had a trans walnut finish Westbury Standard, and they were inexpensive, but NOT cheap. His Westbury was just as nice as my Gibson Les Paul Standard, at a fraction of the price. He went Gibson when his income allowed him but he still misses that Westbury from the early 80s. You'll be pleased if it's been taken care of, that I'm sure!Edited to say I looked at DonF's guitar and WOW!!! What a beauty - like a Melody Maker without the pickguard, or an old Carvin DC150. Don't know what you paid but that's one helluva nice guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had one of those from way back when in Cherry Sunburst. My friend worked for Unicord (UNIVOX, Marshall warehouse). He'd bring home guitars like Strat, Westbury, Les Paul and those dumb High Flyer (Kurt Cobaine ?) guitars all the time. We used to get those new for under $100.00. What a great playing guitar, very easy to play. The pickups needed to be swapped from stock ones IMOH. I went to a garage sale recently and the guy told me he just sold a Walnut Westbury a half an hour ago for $80.00 ! I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Good luck with it !

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

It'll be here Thursday. So I'll check it out at take suggestion on what modification I may need to make, if any. My friend owned a black one, and every time we get together for band practice (twice a week), he always talks about how he sold this and how much he regrets it. I was just playing around on ebay with this one and actually got beat out. I wasn't too serious about winning it, but a couple of days later I seen it back on ebay, so I email the owner and asked what happened with the winner. He said he backed out and if I wanted it, it was mine for what I bidded it for. I think I paid around 285.00.

Comment

Working...
                X