BCRich Class Axe debate & some proof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCRich Class Axe debate & some proof?

OK the serial# for this thing is B7294. headstock logo has NO tm. grover tuners, non recessed control route, BCRich lic trem, fine. PRE CLASS AXE....NO DONT THINK SO. the Virgin was designed by Neal Moser FOR class axe. there is NO such thing as a PRE-Class Axe Virgin. So if this thing is the original original body, neck & neck plate, it just proves there are alot less PRE class axe guitars than people thought. & NOT all BCRichs that look California made are.

Re: BCRich Class Axe debate & some proof?

.......And the point is?.........

Comment

Jamie,

The Virgin went into production in California about a year or maybe even two before the Class Axe purchase. The ONLY BC Rich guitar that qualifies as CLASS AXE designed was the ill-fated Wrath that was designed by Randy Waltuch (that, and Gene Simmon's PUNISHER bass) I have a custom built Wrath "carcass" that I will eventually finish and assemble with period parts (Kahler 2700, EMG's, etc...) But...the Virgin was around before Class Axe.

Comment

I spoke with BC Rich a few years ago when I owned a Warlock Acoustic. Which was a Class Axe, the info they gave me was that some Class Axe were USA made. All had the LA California neck plate but the person I spoke with stated that if it had the Made in USA on the headstock, by the logo, that they were in fact made in USA. I do not know if it is true that is just what I was told a few years ago by a BC Rich representative.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I spoke with BC Rich a few years ago when I owned a Warlock Acoustic. Which was a Class Axe, the info they gave me was that some Class Axe were USA made. All had the LA California neck plate but the person I spoke with stated that if it had the Made in USA on the headstock, by the logo, that they were in fact made in USA. I do not know if it is true that is just what I was told a few years ago by a BC Rich representative.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were NO USA-built Warlock or Mockingbird semi-acoustics until Bernie took the company back over. They were all imports with a California (and then Class Axe) plate. It's possible that a USA neck was added later on, but not by the factory.

Comment

"I designed the Scythe in 88/89 and it wasn't used at Class Axe until 90. Randy Waltuch saw the Scythe in my "Neal Moser Guitars/GMW" NAMM booth and ask me if they could use the design. We worked out an agreement and it was first advertised in 90." from Neal Moser.

NO such thing as a pre class axe Virgin.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Jamie,

The Virgin went into production in California about a year or maybe even two before the Class Axe purchase. The ONLY BC Rich guitar that qualifies as CLASS AXE designed was the ill-fated Wrath that was designed by Randy Waltuch (that, and Gene Simmon's PUNISHER bass) I have a custom built Wrath "carcass" that I will eventually finish and assemble with period parts (Kahler 2700, EMG's, etc...) But...the Virgin was around before Class Axe.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] You have a wrath ?!?!. Man , id love to have one of those things.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                "I designed the Scythe in 88/89 and it wasn't used at Class Axe until 90. Randy Waltuch saw the Scythe in my "Neal Moser Guitars/GMW" NAMM booth and ask me if they could use the design. We worked out an agreement and it was first advertised in 90." from Neal Moser.

NO such thing as a pre class axe Virgin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I stand corrected...but I couldda swore.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  Jamie,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] You have a wrath ?!?!. Man , id love to have one of those things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric...I'll do ya one better. Wanna buy this "carcass" I have? It needs paint and parts, but it does have a case to ship in. PM me and let me know.

Comment

Working...
                  X