My New Roscoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Roscoe

Here are some pics of my new Roscoe SKB3005 bass.

Many of you may know Roscoe for their shredder-style guitars of the 80's, and Roscoe guitars were used by the likes of Joe Perry and C.C. DeVille. And who can forget the "Death Plays a Roscoe" ads that filled guitar magazines in the 80's?

These days, Roscoe makes bass guitars exclusively, and are considered a "botique" brand. They have relatively limited distribution (i.e., you won't find them at Guitar Center or Sam Ash), and are considered among the "best of the best" when it comes to bass guitars. They are manufactured from first cut to final buff at the Roscoe facility in North Carolina. All the guitars are hand made, and nearly no two are alike since the choice of top wood, body wood, and fretboard material are all up to the buyer when the order is placed. Delivery is typically 7 months after placing the order.

I bought this bass used, but it is a 9.9 out of 10.

The top wood is buckeye burl with matching headstock, the body is spanish cedar, the fretboard is spalted purpleheart, and the neck is two pieces of maple flanking a slab of purpleheart.

Enjoy the photos. I have blurred out the serial number on the rear headstock photo.

- Eric
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: My New Roscoe

OMG! That top is sick!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

That sure is sharp looking!!

Comment

Amazing body wood and fretboard!
        I love exotic bass!
        I saw this model from Warwick using Zebrawood and I am in love with it.
        Only I am not a bassist..
        Maybe I need to make a guitar version of this shgape...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Amazing body wood and fretboard!
          I love exotic bass!
          I saw this model from Warwick using Zebrawood and I am in love with it.
          Only I am not a bassist..
          Maybe I need to make a guitar version of this shgape...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the Buzzard, designed by John Entwistle. I always thought that shape was so cool, and unique.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Where is Roscoe located in NC?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greensboro.

Stellar bass, bro! Great top! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Here are my LGs:

Maple on mahogany, 1 & 7/8" nut, 18v Barts

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...12416454HDkpBs

Maple on Spanish cedar, some sort of wood sandwiched between the top and body to create faux-binding (may be unfinished maple)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...52362338VrKwVo

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greensboro.

Thanks for all the great comments, guys.

- E.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greensboro.

Stellar bass, bro! Great top! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Here are my LGs:

Maple on mahogany, 1 & 7/8" nut, 18v Barts

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...12416454HDkpBs

Maple on Spanish cedar, some sort of wood sandwiched between the top and body to create faux-binding (may be unfinished maple)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...52362338VrKwVo

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Buddy! I was hoping you'd see this thread; I was going to PM if if you didn't respond, as I knew you had a few Roscoes.

Yours are great as well. I prefer the larger body of the SKBs, but I played an LG at my local dealer that almost made me give up my quest for an SKB. Alas, I held out, and couldn't be happier. This may make you ill, but I nabbed it used from "furio" on talkbass.com for 1735.00. The LG I fell in love with was 2695.00 (new), and I damn near sold off a few of my Jackson 6-stringers to get it. But, my patience paid off.

Mine has the "sandwich wood binding", too, which I didn't even notice until my bass instructor pointed it out. It's pretty thin, maybe 1/16".

- E.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Yours are great as well. I prefer the larger body of the SKBs, but I played an LG at my local dealer that almost made me give up my quest for an SKB. Alas, I held out, and couldn't be happier. This may make you ill, but I nabbed it used from "furio" on talkbass.com for 1735.00. The LG I fell in love with was 2695.00 (new), and I damn near sold off a few of my Jackson 6-stringers to get it. But, my patience paid off.
                    - E.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to try one of the larger bodies (I'm 6'7"), but they're tough to find. I'm going to see if Bass Atlanta has one. Btw, this may make you ill, but my green and burst LGs were $500 and $800, respectively. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You did get a great deal for yours, though, as SKBs are relatively rare, and that wood makes it even more valuable. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I'd love to try one of the larger bodies (I'm 6'7"), but they're tough to find. I'm going to see if Bass Atlanta has one. Btw, this may make you ill, but my green and burst LGs were $500 and $800, respectively. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You did get a great deal for yours, though, as SKBs are relatively rare, and that wood makes it even more valuable. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's that vomit emoticon when you need it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Those were some great prices you nabbed the LGs for. I mean, those are unheard of prices. I hope you didn't have to do anything to get them that caused you to not respect yourself the next morning. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Access Bass (<-- link) has an SKB, but they want 2K for it. A bit steep, but not out of line by any means.

- E.

Comment

Working...
                      X