semi hollow suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: semi hollow suggestions?

The Waterstone i just picked up from MOSHWITZ is a decent player. Fit and Finish more than acceptable.
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Look for a used Hamer Newport Pro. Stop tail, Spruce top, rosewood and dots. Handmade quality and they take a huge hit on resale.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The Heritage line is the way to go for cheap prices. Their guitars are made with the same quality as a Gibson ES335. The Yamahas are very nice too. They appear on ebay on a weekly basis and are very reasonable. The Holy Grail of imported ES335's is the old Tokai ones but you have to know what you are looking for since there are lots of new Tokais and Tokais from other era's that aren't so good.

Comment

Yes, Hamer still makes an import semi hollow, the Echotone. It is a ES335 copy. Don't know much about the wuality, but if it is in line with the rest of the imports, swap out the pickups and maybe upgrade the electronics and you'll have a nice axe. If money were no object, I'd say hit one of the US Hamers. The Newport is nice and they don't keep their value the way the Artist does.

Comment

id buy the Sheraton nice guitar. a friend of
            mine got one great sound and a nice neck, great
            playability [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X