No announcement yet.

Holy crap, my GMW is finally here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap, my GMW is finally here.....

Well guys, after almost 2 years of waiting, my GMW Custom is finally here. My vision has come true in this aweseome guitar. Pics to follow shortly...I hope they can do it justice.

Vic

Re: Holy crap, my GMW is finally here.....

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    what kind of custom did you order?

Comment

It looks a lot like this here...actually, it's quite hard to get a good photo. This is what I've come up with so far.

The specs are: Alder Dinky/SD1 body, Advanced Red Ghost Flames graphic, 24 fret birdseye maple neck with ebony sharkfin inlays, reverse Jackson style headstock, black neck and headstock binding, gold Floyd and hardware, Seymour Duncan Custom 5 pickup.

Comment

WOW!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        Now that is a real custom guitar we don't see often!!
        Black binding on Maple neck, that is a GREAT idea and looks!
        RGF looks KILLER as well.
        Nice matching head too.
        How does the neck joint look like?

Now this guitar will be the non Jackson/Charvel GOTM.

CONGRATS!!!
        [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

"WOOOWWWWW" man that is a real nice piece and to be honest it doesn't get any better than that just beautiful. Kammo1 [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

sick sick sick sick sick!!! Thanks for the pics this arv, Vic. I got 'em fine. Showed 'em to the boss and asked if she'd let me place an order. Didn't get an answer, she just rolled her eyes and left the room, but I'm still hopeful. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I can't wait to see a good outdoors pic of it on a stand. I'll bet the flames will look absolutely killer in natural light.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

That is a killer guitar!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome. Jaw-droppingly so.

A few name suggestions (as that's certainly worthy of a name)

Cerberus' Fang
                Firecycle (pronounced as "SICK-ul" or "Sigh-cul", your choice)
                Hellhammer ( [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )
                Appleghost

If not one of those,

Murray Wiggle

You are from OZ, after all [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the way the maple board looks in contrast to the black/red body. Sweet - bet it was worth the wait!

Comment

Wow!!Vic that is as incredible as you said it would be bro,great ideas,awesome axe!!Congrats!!Chucksplatter

Comment

I think that is the nicest GMW I've seen...one of the nicest guitars I've ever seen...WOW!

What a vision, you knew what you wanted and ordered it, and it looks fantastic. Congratulations on a killer axe.

Please tell us about the Duncan Custom 5.

Comment

Damn that is sweet. Great choice.
                        We must!
                        We must!
                        We must increase the bust!
                        The bigger the better!
                        The tighter the sweater!
                        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

That makes me itch for a GMW.

Comment

Thank you guys, it has been a looooong wait. I was basically looking to get some kind of new guitar in 2002 and found that when you have so much choice, it's SOOOO hard to choose.

I was thinking of trying a Warrior, but you just can't find a WR1 around here and I really would like to try one out still. I looked at getting a 24 fret DeMartini Crossed Swords made at GMW but changed my mind yet again. I wanted to see what all the GMW fuss was about, and get something a little different. This is what I came up with.

I've always wanted a maple board with ebony sharkfins, and I recall asking here about black binding quite a while ago, and decided to get it too. This RGF is called the Advanced one, as it's a bit different to standard. I saw it on another guitar and fell in love straight away, so that was a natural choice.

I got a Custom 5 at the last minute. I've played it through my Vamp2 and a friends Valvestate Marshall just before and it's sounding pretty good so far. Next gig I'll give her a run nice and loud through the TSL. I think she'll look good under lights.

Taking pics in the sun will be good, I'll try and do it tomorrow. I still can't believe it's actually here, it's amazing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ps. The Floyd is non-recessed too. That was a hard choice to make as I like both just the same, but you gotta choose, so I went old school.

Comment

Oh yeah, notice the inlay at the 24th fret?...I asked for and got that, yes!!! I've seen one Jackson in an 80's catalog with a sharkfin there, always wonder why they don't put it in.

The pick at the second fret in the first pic sort of looks like an out of place worn out sharks tooth I just noticed.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X