No announcement yet.

Holy crap, my GMW is finally here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy crap, my GMW is finally here.....

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Since you were going custom, you should have spent a little more money and put a bridge pickup in - I bet they would have done it for you.

- E.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant NECK pickup. Awwww, crap, this just turned into one of those not-so-funny jokes that you end up repeating multiple times, which just sucks ANY possible humor right out of it.

In other words...

Nevermind. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

- E.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I was wondering...bridge pickup?... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I wanted a one hum rock machine, no distractions...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      That is stunning, makes me hanker for another GMW! - I assume the 2 year wait was in part you making you mind up, not totally with Lee?
      CHeers
      Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

My mind was made up when I ordered it. The whole thing was custom made as Lee doesn't have these bodies or necks lying around, but the biggest wait on this was getting Dan to do the graphic. It hung around ready for graphic work for a little while. I began to wish I'd asked for a plain white one....NOT!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        It looks a lot like this here...actually, it's quite hard to get a good photo. This is what I've come up with so far.

The specs are: Alder Dinky/SD1 body, Advanced Red Ghost Flames graphic, 24 fret birdseye maple neck with ebony sharkfin inlays, reverse Jackson style headstock, black neck and headstock binding, gold Floyd and hardware, Seymour Duncan Custom 5 pickup.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Mannnnnnnnnn, I need a bucket for all the drool Vic! I had to bring the pics to the next page because it is so breathtaking. That thing is spectacular! That has to be one of the best looking guitars I've ever seen. Excellent choices my friend! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx Dave. Soon I will attempt to put on the brass truss rod cover I got from you a little while back, this is what it was for. I'll see how it looks on this baby.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The only thing that is missing is a nice gold pickup ring.

Dave? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I did spec it in 2002 with a gold pickup ring but changed that at the last minute. I did a mock up in the guitar generator and sent Lee an email to put on a black metal ring. If I feel the need for one, I know where to go!

Comment

Awesome guitar, congratulations [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

And keep the black pickup ring - gold would muck it up...kind of like a flat hot Tooheys or VB.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

sweet, the flames look awesome on that

Comment

That is so astoundingly beautiful, I am still picking my jaw up off the floor. It's unique, tasteful, and completely unlike any GMW I've ever seen (though they're generally cool). I just love it. I'd sure like to see the neck heel. Congrats on a fantastic custom shop piece. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome axe! I can't wait to get my orders from GMW!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Awesome guitar, congratulations [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

And keep the black pickup ring - gold would muck it up...kind of like a flat hot Tooheys or VB.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve E

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, nobody wants a flat Tooheys or VB around here! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, came home early but the sun decided to almost vanish early for the day too. I managed to take these.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                        Gene, is RGF a kind of sparkle color?
                        Especially seeing the last 2 pics.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, it is metallic, looks cooler than I imagined.

Comment

hey! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the outdoorsy pics, Vic. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Unbelievable [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

That is one of the hottest guitars ever!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

If not one of those,

Murray Wiggle

You are from OZ, after all [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Play your guitar with Murray.....play your guitar with him...Play your guitar with Murray...let's all play and sing"

D'OH!....don't ask me how I know that damn song!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Killer axe Vic! I'm not of the Soloist type, and maple boards for that matter...but your axe did have me staring at for a bit!

Comment

Working...
                                X