No announcement yet.

Holy crap, my GMW is finally here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy crap, my GMW is finally here.....

Hmmmm. Something about that guitar seems familiar. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, congrats Genebaby! It looks to be a killer axe. I love it. Lee and Dan's work is top notch. It's sweet. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Ha ha Shreddermon, I remember when you got that guitar, I said that I would have ordered it with a maple fretboard..lol...(I still would).. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

More to the story of how this guitar came about. After I'd decided to get GMW to build me something, I knew it had to have a graphic, as Dan is the man. I saw this on the Jackson site and fell in love instantly with this variation of RGF.

I told myself, if I ever get a graphic, that will be it. So I conceived the idea of a guitar once again based on my Charvel SD1, which I love, much like that other custom I got a while back, but with a cool graphic instead of the pretty woods.

I originally specced it with that other headstock and black dots but decided to make it different again, so when I changed headstocks, ebony sharkfins were a must, and black binding was thrown in, and I figured I may as well reverse the headstock, just to be different to most of my other guitars (only 2 others are reversed). An all maple neck was essential either way. Maple, maple, maple...yeah baby...

Comment

Okay, what's the difference between this Advanced Red Ghost Flames and the regular one? I'm totally not seeing it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Ha ha Shreddermon, I remember when you got that guitar, I said that I would have ordered it with a maple fretboard..lol...(I still would).. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just razzing 'ya, bro. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah, I remember your suggestion for maple. Honestly, maple was my first choice. But, as my two prior J/Cs had maple FBs, I decided to change it to pao ferro. No regrets. The neck is birdseye, though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And, yeah, I spec'd the very same custom shop archives pic you show above for the graphic. Burst pattern within the flames, and all. Only I asked Dan to shoot it with red flames on a black body. GMW kicks @ss. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Okay, what's the difference between this Advanced Red Ghost Flames and the regular one? I'm totally not seeing it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably because every RGF pic in this thread has it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mostly, it's just much more highly detailed than the finish that used to be available as a USA Select option. For instance, notice how the individual flames have a sunburst-like pattern to them? Darker in the middle, more intense red at the edges. Compare those to the flat flames on this USA Select Y2KV in RGF:

RGF Y2KV

See the differences?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't got any Dinky/Soloist style bodies to show you but there is a marked difference at the horns, the ghost flames are much more pronounced there. They don't intertwine at the bottome, stuff like that. I saw the graphic and loved it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just razzing 'ya, bro. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah, I remember your suggestion for maple. Honestly, maple was my first choice. But, as my two prior J/Cs had maple FBs, I decided to change it to pao ferro. No regrets. The neck is birdseye, though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And, yeah, I spec'd the very same custom shop archives pic you show above for the graphic. Burst pattern within the flames, and all. Only I asked Dan to shoot it with red flames on a black body. GMW kicks @ss. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know...lol...I remember you had just gotten some maple boarded beauties and was after something different. This is my 3rd maple boarded guitar, and I want more!!!

I remember you had yours done over black, after seeing it I was wondering what to do, but I do like red so I left it as is. Very happy with it. GMW do rule... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Found a pic for you. Here's a look at the difference. Check out the strat above too, it was all I had to go on initially.

Comment

Oohhhhhh, okay. I see what you mean by the flames originating from the cutaways rather than just starting from the fretboard. Cool! Nice feature. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, something like that. I always liked RGF and when I saw that other guitar, I wanted that even more.

Comment

I had to look at the pictures again and again [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Speechless. I can't find the words to describe it. I was wanting to place a order with GMW, but after looking at your guitar. I'm wanting to put my tail between my legs and go home.

Comment

I am glad I ordered a Red color GMW guitar 3weeks ago.
                            It will be a sparkle Red. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            I can't wait!

Comment

Holy crap-ola to the tenth power! That is too damn sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X