ESP Eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Eclipse

Against part of my beter judgement (I haven't bought a Jackson since Oct 2003!) I just bought a mint but used ESP Eclipse 2 in trans black cherry, and what a fantastic guitar it is! It's just what I wanted, which was basically a lightweight Les Paul with a Jackson style neck and EMGs....I must admit, I'm really impressed with the build quality and the quilt top is gorgeous! Still love my C/Js though!
    Cheers
    Ian
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: ESP Eclipse

Pix?
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      It's just what I wanted, which was basically a lightweight Les Paul with a Jackson style neck and EMGs....
      Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit, the quality of the eclipse is really impressive, but i'm sure it doesn't have a Jackson style neck. Nor does the neck feels like a Soloist, KE, Fusion, or KV.

My two cents
      Fong

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Against part of my beter judgement (I haven't bought a Jackson since Oct 2003!) I just bought a mint but used ESP Eclipse 2 in trans black cherry, and what a fantastic guitar it is! It's just what I wanted, which was basically a lightweight Les Paul with a Jackson style neck and EMGs....I must admit, I'm really impressed with the build quality and the quilt top is gorgeous! Still love my C/Js though!
        Cheers
        Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

How is the sound? Is it midrange heavy like a PRS or can it get a deep sound?

Comment

I've had my eye on these for a while. Did you get the LTD or the Srandard?

Comment

Ian did you buy the ESP from Machinehead? If so that guitar looks gorgeous.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

The local GC here has an old black '80s Eclipse with Jackson-type headstock I've been thinking of buying... but it's close to $1,000 and I don't think I can justify that price. Though, it is the original Eclipse Tele body that Scott Ian used to play instead of the newer LP Eclipse. Don't know why they kept the same name when they changed the body shapes. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't have any pics yet, but give me some time! It is the Japanese ESP standard series guitar (not LTD), and yep, it was from Machinehead (799 in the after some haggling!). I guess it doesn't truly feel like a Jackson, but I was just trying to get across that it feels more like a superstrat than an LP.....
                I'd say the sound was pretty comparable to a Soloist with EMGs - clear, full and generally pretty damn good. It's odd, but I've never liked EMG 81s before and have always changed them out for 85s, but won't be doing that with this guitar!
                I always quite wanted one of the Tele style Eclipes (I guess cos of Scott) but have never seen a good one for the right price - maybe one day!
                Cheers
                Ian

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  799 in the after some haggling!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Nice score, I hope he doesn't want to kick your ass for ripping him off [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Those ESP Eclpises are very nice. If you like Les Paul styling but want a more modern guitar with a lighter (thinner) body and a faster neck with bigger frets, not to mention EMG's, then the ESP is the way to go. I fear they won't be around a whole lot longer with all the lawsuit stuff going around.

Comment

Here's a cool pic of one.

Comment

Wow, that's sweet, TC. I don't think I've ever seen one with two volumes and two tones.

Comment

yeah the new ESP Standard Series Eclipses are fitted like that now, the Gibbo-styled controls.

Comment

Neat! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep - that looks like mine, but mine is effectively a slightly darker trans wine red. The tops on these guitars are amazing......I can't get my FTP software to work so can't post pics at the moment - sorry!
                            Cheers
                            Ian

Comment

Those are $1444. new (That's NOT list either [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img])
                              but those are amazing guitars.

Hey Toejam, I was wondering if that neck on the 80's era Eclipse is the same neck on the 80's era mirage. I had a mirage and it was identical to a Soloist excpet for it has a narrower nut (1 5/8") if you get a chance LMK what the nut measures on the Eclipse. I LOVED that neck on my mirage.

Comment

Working...
                              X