Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolfgang value?

what's a wolfgang special worth?
    it's at a local shop. in good condition no chips, some minor pick scratches, neck has some discoloration from playing but not bad, all black with birdseye neck, looks all original, peavey bridge with the d-tuna. not sure of the year, i remember the serial number starts with 91.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: wolfgang value?

Solid black would be USA special. I bought a solid black special 2 years ago for $600 new from dealer. I bought a used white one on Ebay a year ago for $450 and sold it for $450. I lucked out and got a USA purple flame top for $399 from music-go-round (they thought it was EXP (export) version). Per ebay, I'd guess $400 to $500 is the range now.

Comment

I have seen stores selling used special for around $500-600.
      If you could get it for $500, I would consider as good deal.

Comment

my mistake, it's just a regular maple neck

Comment

thanks for the info guys. he's asking $475 it's got the case and all the tools etc... i played it for a good two hours and really like it so plopped down a deposit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            what's a wolfgang special worth?
            it's at a local shop. in good condition no chips, some minor pick scratches, neck has some discoloration from playing but not bad, all black with birdseye neck, looks all original, peavey bridge with the d-tuna. not sure of the year, i remember the serial number starts with 91.

[/ QUOTE ]
            $500-$600 is the going rate for the solid top wolf USA

Comment

I bought a mint hardtail for 400$ last year, sold it for 450$. Awesome guitar! DONT get the Korean EXP models though, the neck is a different feel then that of the USA special or standard!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I bought a mint hardtail for 400$ last year, sold it for 450$. Awesome guitar! DONT get the Korean EXP models though, the neck is a different feel then that of the USA special or standard!

[/ QUOTE ]
                yeah the EXP version is not all that good IMHO.
                i would get used USA special beofre ever considering a EXP.
                if you play both you can feel a immediate difference in quality. the USA SP version is supreme to the EXP in all aspects.
                FWIW the USA sp has a fatter tone than the EXP or even the $1600 wolf standard [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

If it doesn't have a birdseye neck then it is an EXP Special. $400.00 is a good price for one.

Comment

HIJACK

yo kickinsomeaxe.. have you been gettin my pms (pre menstrual 'ssages)?

Comment

Working...
                    X