SuperStrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SuperStrats

maybe some of the good old USA Kramers? or some of the sig. series. like the Sambora, or the Nightswan, if you can find it. some Music Go Round has a nightswan for 799, you can find it online. no pic though.

Comment

GMW.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I think Don Grosh is building the best super-strats I've seen. There are a lot of talented builders out there, but I think Grosh guitars are truly spectacular. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get another one of his guitars.

I still dig my Jacksons, old Valley Arts and HM Strat, too.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

just watchout for some of these talented builders who are actually just using warmoth parts & charging you silly $ just to assemble pieces. also be aware some of these "builders" get warmoth necks without frets & uncut headstocks & they dont have the warmoth logo on them. this isnt bad just i dont see paying $1500+ for a warmoth parts guitar.

Comment

Who are some of these builders?

Comment

sadowski, fitzgerald, 48th custom ESP parts(now out of business), Mosers (NON customs). I was told some of the pensa stuff is also started on warmoth blanks.

Comment

The 3 part mutts I built. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It sounds like you've got both modern Jacksons and Fenders covered in your stable. Try a Kramer Baretta, I'm pretty impressed with them. Of course the San Dimas Charvels are the quintessential Super-Strats.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    just watchout for some of these talented builders who are actually just using warmoth parts & charging you silly $ just to assemble pieces. also be aware some of these "builders" get warmoth necks without frets & uncut headstocks & they dont have the warmoth logo on them. this isnt bad just i dont see paying $1500+ for a warmoth parts guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I actually purchased my neck from Warmoth the same way because I do not think that they know what they are doing. I had the guitar put together by a local guy and it kicks some major A [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] (although the truss rod is a almost useless because the neck came a little too warped and I did not know it until it was too late to return it - that's what I get for buying warmoth - turned out ok becausde my guy re-leveled the board before fretting but never again).
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

i dunno, how do BC Rich Gunslinger's stack up to Barettas?

Comment

trick question. if you can find an earlier one go for it. they got alittle weird even before class axe you see some POSs. I buy & play mostly Richs & without playing it, i wont buy them past a certain serial#. I would suggest an ST-3 if you dont mind the 2 extra singles. its much easier to find earlier ones & they are much more consistent. as for barettas dont know, im not a big fan of kramers.

Comment

Working...
                        X