ESP or ES "g"??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP or ES "g"??

This is my main player these days.. I foud very little info about this guita but i just love it.

My guess is it was a 48th street custom order guitar. I call it my "ESG" cus it looks like someone wanted most of the proerties of an SG but in a strat body type guitar.

This oddball features:
    mahogony body
    ebony board-22frets JUMBOS
    dual humckers (Dimarzio PAF Prd b, ESP N)
    Gibson type 3-way toggle
    Real heavy vintage trem
    Matching headstock, painted neck
    Notice the trans red Gibson SG finish.

This guitar plays like butter and has a fat and narrow neck .The action is loose, or slightly "mushy" like a Gibson although the neck is a Fender scale.

Guys, I have owned/sold no less then 500-750 guitars and I must say, I consider this one a rare breed and rates in my all time top 10 guitars I have owned.

The funny thing is, I bought it over the net with the intention on flippin it but I just love it and wound up parting ways with my Mirage instead. (And I LOVED that guitar too-this one is better!)

Re: ESP or ES \"g\"??

Sweet!

Comment

<font color="aqua">That's a really beautiful guitar my friend! Is the neck and headstock a "trans" color also? </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Chuck, that's very cool!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I also just got back from GC and saw the old black Eclipse Tele. It says The Eclipse Custom on the Jackson-style headstock, it's an archtop body with offset block markers, has a rectangular inlay at the 12th fret that says ESP. Black hardware with TOM/stoptail, one volume, one tone, three-way toggle. Looked like a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge, not sure what was in the neck. It's in really good shape, no noticeable dings, just a couple little belt buckle scratches on the back and the normal pick swirls on the front. The neck has a little beef to it but not real thick, and I think it was a 1-11/16" nut but I'm not sure offhand. Going from memory, I think the serial was 4088962 or something like that. They want $1499 for it, though! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] They've had it for a few months and it keeps getting moved around to different parts of the store.

They also had a cool 48th Street Explorer for $999 that was a light purplish/pinkish (looked like a slight quilted top) with two black Evans humbuckers.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          That's a really beautiful guitar my friend! Is the neck and headstock a "trans" color also?

[/ QUOTE ]
          You are correct Dave.. Everything is trans finish! I LOVE IT. Those pics suck you really need to see this one in person. It plays amazing too..

Toejam, That's a cool ESP at GC but DEFINATELY overpriced. They are worth $500-$600..
          BTW, that pickup is probably not an X2n. It's a custom Dimarzio made for ESP for their high-end guitars in the 80's. I had one of those in my Mirage and it was EMG 81 HOT! Did you fire up that Eclipse? .. Love to see that Explorer though.. Can you smuggle a digital camera in their? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Didn't fire it up, just sat with it and played it acoustically for a few minutes... it played pretty nice except for the old, rusty strings. The sales guy said he'd get me a cable to plug in, but it took him too long to come back, then I just left. I'll have to sneak my digi cam in and go back there this week and try to get a few pics.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              That's a really beautiful guitar my friend! Is the neck and headstock a "trans" color also?

[/ QUOTE ]
              You are correct Dave.. Everything is trans finish! I LOVE IT. Those pics suck you really need to see this one in person. It plays amazing too..

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I'll be right over! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I'll have a beer waiting for you... a "bud" of course! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X