• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar Garbage

you are very lucky my friend

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Nice find bro.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        He found it in the garbage, he has no responsibility to call ANYONE about it. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] It is his.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think it's quite that simple. Stolen property is still stolen property, no matter where it's found. I second calling the police just to make sure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          He found it in the garbage, he has no responsibility to call ANYONE about it. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] It is his.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think it's quite that simple. Stolen property is still stolen property, no matter where it's found. I second calling the police just to make sure.

[/ QUOTE ]Do we call the police if a nice bowling ball in the bag was found at the curb among the other trash? No. Now, if it were found on the roadside like it was dropped or forgotten, I would agree to involve the authorities. If it was found at the curb with the rest of the previous owners garbage, it's finders keepers.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

FINDERS KEEPERS LOOSEERS WEEPERS.

Comment

I agree totally with Scott. Someone threw it out for garbage, doesn't matter if it was intentionally done or not. If a person decided they didn't want to or couldn't play guitar, they might have just put it out for trash. Or maybe some kid moved out of the house, went off to college and one of his parents decided to toss it, maybe the owner died and the other occupants of the house decided they didn't want it around any more.
              I once threw an ugly lamp out on the curb for garbage that I got from my ex mother-in-law. The lamp worked perfectly fine, I just didn't want it sitting down in the basement any longer collecting dust like it was for the past couple years. Though, wouldn't you know it, like a week or so later I thought maybe I could use it behind the couch because I was having problems with the bulbs in my living room ceiling fan. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] It either got tossed in the garbage truck, or maybe one of my neighbors saw it looked in good condition and decided to see if it worked and maybe now they have it. Really not a big deal. One person's trash is another's treasure.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The owner just wasn't a Coors beer drinker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Possession is 9/tenths of the law. Or is it divorce she gets 9/tenths of your possessions?
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I did consider, "Was it stolen" (for about 1/2 second). then I figured eather the garbage man would take it home or it would end up in the landfill (better I have it than eather of those).
                    It is amazing what you can find in the trash in some of the neighborhoods around here (computers,furniture etc...). Most of thre time its just junk, but every now and then!!!!
                    It wasn't like it was just there with kitchen garbage. It was with things you might find if you cleaned out your garage or were just moveing out junk.

It was coverd by other items. All it saw at first was the neck and figured, what the hell lets see what we got??

After checking it out, restringing it & adjusting the nect a little I gave it to my teenaged son to go with his guitar collection (he now has three). He wanted to try and sell it to buy himself a car. I said "NO" i'll get you a car you keep that guitar!!

I still can't find any good info on it. Was it a Coors Beer promo thing, was it just a run put out by Gibson. I have looked all over, asked all over and nobody seems to have any idea about this guitar.
                    Any info gained here would be appreciated.

Thanks and I wish all this kind of luck

Comment

Oh.. I just assumed it was a huge Coors Sticker on it... Afterall who would want Coors on their finish? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously though... Is that the finish? Does the finish appear to be stock (in other words does it look like a custom refinish someone did on their free time or did it come from the factory like that?)

Comment

Yes the finish appears to be original and the logo is under a clear coat.

Comment

Gibson did promo models like this from time to time.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            One person's trash is another's treasure.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can totally relate. Within the past month, my family has put out my old computer desk, mine and my brother's old mattresses, miscellaneous bedroom en suite furniture from multiple bedrooms, and our old family room couch. They didn't even last a couple of days out on the side of the road before other families and college teenagers drove up with roofrack-armed minivans to help themselves. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I felt like I was giving back to the community. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Congrats on the guitar find, you garbage picker you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You can't beat the all-time-low price of ABSOLUTELY FREE. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X