Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your thoughts on the new Ibanez Prestige's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your thoughts on the new Ibanez Prestige's?

Anybody have any takes on such models like the RG1570?

Ive owned 3 Ibanez's, and I sold them off for various reasons. But the last one I owned was a great guitar and I sold it because of a great price on a USA JAckson.

But, that eventually got sold and now im back to square 1. I own a Variax currently and I need something for a metal edge and a trem would be nice to play around. I hate Floyd Rose originals, I really do, I find there profile to high. the new Ibanez trem is great, very low profile!

Just curious if anyone here owns one, and what your take on it is!

Thanks for any input!

Re: your thoughts on the new Ibanez Prestige\'s?

those guitars are similar to the old series without the prestige added. honestly I haven't seen any difference in quality.

harrald

Comment

Good guitars, snag one. I see them sometimes discounted to $400 new one in a while.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I've got an RG1527 7-string and it is a very high quality guitar. The 1570 is the same as the old 570 and the build quality should be equivalent. The Prestige merely means that it is a Japanese model instead of the Korean imports. The Prestige neck gets a little more attention and feels very nice.

Comment

hehe, i bet JG's got some good info for this thread!

Comment

Newer Ibanez are pretty good.
            If you like them, go for it!
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I do.

I wish Jackson had more guitars in the line up with more varied options.

I want a cross between Ibanez and Jackson. Id like to Ibanez body style with the sharper horns, yet with the classic ebony board and true sharkfins. From there id like a neck thru OR bolt on WITH A SCULPTED heel. The bolt on design on the RG's offers a GREAT feel and pretty much a neck thru feel! From there, I want somethign without a painted neck, and a tremolo with a LOW profile. Floyd Rose's are great for those hwo are used to them, but I just find myself tossing it out of pitch constantly!

She's a tough call!

Comment

DK1 is what I consider to be something cool of between Ibanez and Jackson.
                Bolt On,2hum,Floyd recessed,24frets, fast neck,Ebony.
                If I were in the shredder mode,I would buy a DK1 and maybe swap these EMGs for Dimarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  hehe, i bet JG's got some good info for this thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet I do.. the new Ibanez Prestige's are fantastic players guitars. Here is my TOTALLY bias'd opinion of them:

Killer fit and finish (and I don't mean some of them.. I mean all of them). I have yet to find one that wasn't factory perfect. Ibanez Japan really has their **** together and has for many years now.
                  Oh yea.. don't let anybody give you any **** regarding basswood. Basswood is plenty toneful and has the perfect weight. Its only downside is that it has to be painted because it is rather soft and kind of ugly unfinished. Besides that.. it is a fine wood for solid body guitars.
                  Absolutely the best double locking trems in the business. Super low profile and they never go out of tune.
                  Totally high quality hardware and impeccable fretwork.
                  The necks are a shredders dream. Everybody knows that.
                  The electronics usually include the 5 way super switching which features auto taps. This will give you tons of options for all kinds of music.
                  Prestige guitars usually have fantastic pickups too. Usually Dimarzio. Even the Ibanez brand pickups are fantastic and usually made by Dimarzio anyway.
                  Even the Prestige cases are very nice.
                  They suffer from the same poor resale values as do all the other guitar manufacturers.

Comment

Haha, thanks for the feedback. I imagine you've played pretty much every guitar this side of the moon, so its interesting to see such enthusiasm for a product.

I think I may ditch my Variax and pick up a RG 1620x. The acoustics on the Variax are great, but nothing to get too excited about.

The variax is a cool guitar, but truth be told, It's very uninspiring to hold and play. A new body and that may help, but I also want a metal edge type sound, somethign the Piezo's on the Variax dont have the easiest time with (palm muting chugs dont come out too well)

Thanks for the input guys! Now if anyone has a hook up on a used RG1620x, hook me up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you're really interested, I might be selling my 1990 RG560 very soon. I am finding that I just don't have the time to play all of my guitars and would like to reduce the stable down to one electric and one acoustic this school year... kind of a "reverse GAS". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Also, since you're Canadian, you wouldn't get raped with cross-border fees when shipping via a courier. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll give you first dibs if/when I get around to selling her IF you are interested.

Link to some pics (well, a LOT of pics) and info:

Click here!

Some of the info is outdated and wrong... my apologies. For example, I have unblocked the trem but it is sitting on a white plastic eraser since I took the strings off last weekend to clean the fretboard. The neck has a scarf joint at the headstock, so it's not a TRUE one-piece neck. Phew! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

looks great priest, but i think im interested in a new one with the Edge PRo bridge. Possibly the double edge, Id like the Piezo if I decide to ditch my Variax (which I pretty much think I'll do)

Where in Canada are ya? Im living in Saskatoon Sask, I work at a mid/high end stereo shop currently.

Comment

Ottawa here. I took a quick look at an RGT model last week, and yeah, those new Edge trems are REALLY low profile. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Seemed like a decent guitar but not quite my cup of tea.

Comment

well, at least u GET to look at em. We dont have any good shops here.

No shops even carry Jap Rg's, all korean ones. JAckson has zero presence here as well. In fact ive seen ONE USA JAckson in the last 3 years in Sask or Alberta at a shop!

Every guitar Ive wanted ive had to just order and take a chance on, ive been really lucky!

Comment

Doesn't Saskatoon have a Long & McQuade music store? That's where I've seen the most Jacksons so far as well as that RGT that I fondled for a little bit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I don't know if I'll ever buy a guitar from Long & McQuade knowing that we have JCF Dealers here for great prices, but that store is pretty good for testing out stuff I can't see anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X