Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your thoughts on the new Ibanez Prestige's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: your thoughts on the new Ibanez Prestige\'s?

Yep, the Lo Pro's kick arse!
    Of course they will go out of tune if your knife edges are bad or post cut is defective... but thats a simple enuff fix...
    And yes, pro-fusion hsa it pinned exactly why the Edge pro stuff sux.
    For that matter, the arm holder is actually that composite alloy crap threaded onto a cheap plastic bushing.. everyone Ive had in was broken there and all the saddles ive had to replace were due to the composite alloy and being weaker...

Comment

I think pink guitars with maple boards are very cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] seriously

anyway I'm a big ibanez fan.. I bought one RG something, nothing special.. and I hated it. but after like 2 years it really grew on me.. I love the tone and love the neck. it stays in tune perfectely after heavy tremolo use. It's a really cool shredding guitar

I'd love to have one of those prestige trans purple/violet neck-tru guitars.. don't know what they're called but they were too expensive at the time.. and I don't think they're made anymore

edit: I found it, it's an RG3120TW

my dream axe.. if any of you dutchie or belgium folks know where I can find one, please tell me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Actually, I believe the RGT3120 is still available, though I don't know if they are still sold in the USA. The guy at ibanezrules.com still has them for sale, I believe.

You might also consider the RGT42, which is the Korean neckthru RG model. It's actually pretty decent, even though the new ones have the EdgePro II trem. The one I tried out recently (an older one that had the Lo-TRS II trem) was pretty cool. It has a very Jackson-like neck. Not a Wizard profile at all.

Comment

Hey, remember Word and his shredding videos? He used his Ibanez RGTwhatever, the same color as the bottom RGT in that picture AfterForever posted. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hey, remember Word and his shredding videos? He used his Ibanez RGTwhatever, the same color as the bottom RGT in that picture AfterForever posted. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I remember that guitar, it looked really nice! Has someone heard from him lately? Would be cool to hear what he's up to, and how his playing has progressed! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anders
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

he was not talking about the RGT3120, but the RG3120TW. differnce? first one is neck through, second one is bolt on. mahony with flame maple veneer or was it top, I don't really remember. like the guitar, nice tone, especially for an ibanez

Harrald

Comment

yeah I love how the neck-thru is done with he paint.. it goes from painted neck to natural.. looks really cool

I don't like the RGT42 that much.. awefull color imo (red and grey) and the binding and dot inlays on those necks looked kinda crappy.. it played good though..

I remeber that video word did.. that was indeed the guitar on the bottom of the pic.. some arpeggios, classic lick and the bad horsey harmonic on the 3trh fret thing, that was cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] he promised us a video of his EMG81 equipped RR1 but we never got it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

A local used guitar store had an RG3120 (not the neckthru) in stock for quite awhile. That was a nice player, indeed. I mistook the intent of the poster above, since the picture has two neckthru RGT3120s and only the one bolt-on RG3120 at the bottom.

Geez, Ibanez's naming conventions are even more confusing that Jackson's.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Geez, Ibanez's naming conventions are even more confusing that Jackson's.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that is so true.. even I as Ibanez fan can't keep track of all the model names and specs for each guitar

Comment

Working...
                    X