Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After years of planning and prototypes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After years of planning and prototypes......

The new Bladerunners are ready......
    http://www.hyperspec.com/guitars/

Re: After years of planning and prototypes......

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

hmm... "Welcome to the next generation of affordable 'custom' guitars"
      $3669.00 doesn't sound that affordable to me for a new start up brand of guitars. I can think of several name brand custom shops that could build you something totally killer for that kind of dough.

Comment

Actually it isnt a startup. Drew used to run the Guild custom shop back in the 80s, and the other luthiers also have 30 plus years experiance. All the guitars are hand made, using top notch materials. Sure, they arent for everyone at that price point, but they arent making alot of money at that price..........What they dont want is to make elcheapo guitars, they want to leave that for the corporate bigwigs. Theyre just a bunch of vetern guitar builders who race rods, boats, and choppers..........

Comment

I can dig it, and I like their hardware colour options, that's mega cool!!

Comment

<font color="aqua">Interesting, looks like BC Rich and Jackson got together on these..... </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

but dam, they must have had Gibson in on it too to price stuff that high. $3600 to start?

Comment

the ebay ones can be snagged for a start of 1500. Thats not so extreme.

Comment

Actually for the prices:
                  1. In 1984 when Guild budgeted the Bladerunner, they were thinking of a $1500 list price. When they started production in 1985, it was changed to $2,000. In 1985, a Gibson Les Paul Custom was about $1,000. What is a Gibson Les Paul Custom today?.....
                  2. Only 1 company is legally allowed to produce the Bladerunner due to patents on the design. Back in the 80's, 2 companies actually tried to make their own version. One company was "tricked" by an endorsee who loved his Bladerunner, and wanted a signature guitar made exactly like it, but the company never looked into patents on it. So, they made only 1. Another company actually showed up at NAMM 1985 with a bunch of copies of it thinking that Guild wouldnt say anything. When they were confronted by a bunch that looked like the Hell's Angels, they dropped a load in their pants, and agreed not to produce the copies....So, if one comapny is allowed to make something, they can charge whatever they want.
                  3. The Bladerunner is an entirely custom made guitar and takes a very long time to make. Neckthrus are 7 plys, and those holes dont exactly make themselves. It also comes with top notch hardware. Now how much was the boltneck Charvel 25th Anniversary, or the new Charvel EVHs?.......

I think the price is very fair. I think you need to actually play one to realize just how good and different these guitars are..........

Comment

the thing is at that price point there are tons of amazing guitars available. seriously, for $3-4k you can get amazing stuff from gibson, fender, jackson, bc rich, etc.

And a $1600 opening bid for a factory second/tester guitar is not exactly a screaming deal either.

no way would I lay out that kind of money for a guitar under these circumstances - no name brand (I don't care who they worked for) and no ability to check one out ahead of time. having said that, I'd really be into checking one out if a dealer i had access to got one in. they look promising.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

"Theyre just a bunch of vetern guitar builders who race rods, boats, and choppers.........."

And need some way to pay for expensive toys...

Comment

Those are some ugly body shapes [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Diggin' the colored hardware, though...

Comment

I still contend that they are overpriced. The reason they are charging so much is most likely all the "veteran" builders are all getting paid big bucks. $3700.00 is way expensive for a no name guitar. Period. You also have to read between the lines with their statement "after years of planning an prototypes". This could mean 2 things:
                          1. They are trying to give the impression that these ugly designs took years to perfect and thus are worth the high price.
                          2. They spent way too long perfecting these ugly desgins and now they have to recoup their loss.
                          Whatever the case is.. I wish them all the success in the world but if I had $3700.00 to spend I would be talking to the custom shop of several name brand manufacturers.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            "Theyre just a bunch of vetern guitar builders who race rods, boats, and choppers.........."

And need some way to pay for expensive toys...

[/ QUOTE ] Dude, I was thinking the same thing when I read that post. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The guitars are pretty ugly to boot. I think I'll stick with Jackson and Gibson.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I think the kinda people who want pointy guitars, are more likely to shell out for a Jackson custom than for some brand they've never heard of. I don't really like any of those shapes either.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X