Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After years of planning and prototypes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: After years of planning and prototypes......

Some of the radical shapes are nice; some are not so nice. The colored hardware is nice, as well as the exotic inlay materials available. But I agree that the prices are VERY high.

Comment

"Welcome to the next generation of affordable 'custom' guitars"

Comment

These guitars aren't made for everyone. I would just as soon give a independent builder $3600 for a custom guitar as I would Jackson/Gibson. Of course I would look at several of his guitars he has built, taken a tour of his facility and talked with him extensively to make sure that it was the right decision to make, but I'd do that before spending $3600 on a guitar from ANYONE.

If you guys would rather spend $3600 on a Jackson or Gibson, go right ahead. They make great guitars. However, independents have more to prove than an established coroprate monolith. If some unknown dude named Wayne didn't start building guitars in the face of the established companies, there wouldn't be any Charvel guitars today. $3600 isn't an unreasonable price to spend on a custom guitar.

Comment

Actually the $3600 price also assumes you are buying a fully loaded guitar. I am sure if you wanted a basic maple neckthru with poplar wings and a couple of buckers, it would be cheaper. The Bladerunner uses 7 plys of tone woods, just for the neckthru centre. That alone adds to the price. Personally I can look at my Ace Frehley Gibson with its $6200 price tag, and I think the money would have been spent better on 2 Bladerunners........I know the Bladerunner plays really well, and has better tone, and it isnt a piece of furniture like alot of high prices guitars from other manufacturers. And like Ace said, its just not Wayne who charged alot, Paul Smith charged an arm and a leg for his customs in the 70s, and now charges an arm and a leg and they arent even hand made anymore...............

Comment

Alot of people paid a ton of dough for that start up boutique amp company Rhino amps too and look where that got them. Imagine the damage you could do at Carvin or Jackson or BC Rich for $3699.00? Not only would you get a smokin custom shop guitar but you would also get a brand name that you could actually sell one day for maybe even what you paid for it without having to tell an entire story about that small custom shop start up company that folded up a year after they officially opened. I'll pass.

Comment

John G Capable,

tell me a bit about Rhino, what is/was their deal.. I don't know anything about them except that their customer service sucks/sucked and my amp tech actually liked their yngwie amp

Comment

Their original run of Blackstars and Beasts had all kinds of problems that the owner didn't and wouldn't address. Add that with the fact that none of their endorseree's ever actually used any of the Rhino amps live and every one of them severed their relationships with Rhino due to bad customer service. Some sub standard components, crummy QC and aweful customer service are the 3 reasons they are having major problems.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Alot of people paid a ton of dough for that start up boutique amp company Rhino amps too and look where that got them. Imagine the damage you could do at Carvin or Jackson or BC Rich for $3699.00? Not only would you get a smokin custom shop guitar but you would also get a brand name that you could actually sell one day for maybe even what you paid for it without having to tell an entire story about that small custom shop start up company that folded up a year after they officially opened. I'll pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think that if you paid $3700 for a custom guitar by any of these companies you could sell it for anywhere near the original cost? Pass the pipe please.

Comment

I think their cool [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I wouldn't pay that much for one though [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think that if you paid $3700 for a custom guitar by any of these companies you could sell it for anywhere near the original cost? Pass the pipe please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. My buddy who is a collector can sell any of his high end guitars for more than he paid for them new. Gold top Les Pauls, custom shop Historics, Signature and Deluxe models, late 60's and early 70's strats, and several PRS's that are totally optioned out and super rare. He bought some of them new, some of them used and he can turn a profit on any one of them. I really don't want to get into an arguement over how much these guitars will or won't be worth nor do I want to diss the quality or the craftsmanship or tone of these new guitars since I have never played one. I am strictly saying that $3700.00 is not reasonable and affordable for a start up no name guitar; regardless of who the guys that work there are.

Comment

Looks like promising company. Very nice body shapes and finishes.

Comment

i just want the coloured hardware - i've been waiting for this for a long time. i even started a thread about it a while back. give me hot pink hardware!!!!!
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Not very impressed - very strange designs. Plus a ton of dough. For that money, I can think a devastating guitar or two that Don Grosh could build for me... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

those are fuuuuuuuugly! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Insert puking icon >here<

They are all really ugly. I wouldn't throw one of those sticks for my dog to play fetch with...

They need to get a new design team in there pronto!

Comment

Working...
                                X