Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short scale (24 3/4 inch.) super-strats??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Short scale (24 3/4 inch.) super-strats??

Drum city is getting in a shipment of custom jake e lee models this week.I highly recomend these guitars.My number one is a jake esp(altho mine was his and is a strathead).Get em while they last.

Comment

Pre-1992 Carvins.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I have heard that as well. However my '88 Soloist Archtop is full scale. I have had guys who have had similar era ones swear theirs was shorter. Maybe you could choose between scales?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the USA archtops were custom shop guitars, you could choose any scale length you wanted. All of the import archtops (750xl, AT Soloist Pro) were 24.75", however.

Comment

I believe the Kramer Pro Axe was also a 24.75" scale. Seems that you can sometimes find those pretty cheapily, given the backlash against most "shred-style" guitar from the '80's and/or Kramer.
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The Jackson Fusion HH (import) is a damn good 24-3/4 scale guitar for the money. They do have rosewood boards if you don't mind them, but it has a bound neck and head with dots. I Love that look.

Jim

[/ QUOTE ] But they hardly ever pop up for sale. I've been looking since March, and have only seen one on Ebay.

Comment

The Kramer Nightswan is also 24.75".

Comment

my USA Archtop Soloist is 25.5. My personal favorite is a Superstrat with 24.75 scale and 9-42 strings. My Hamer Firebird 2 is set up like this. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                X