Karosa Custom Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karosa Custom Guitars

Anyone know anything about Karosa custom Guitars?

Here's the link.
    http://www.yourguitar.net/

Thanks

Re: Karosa Custom Guitars

Anyone?

I am thinking of having this guy build me a guitar.. But can't find a single review or anything for that matter. I did find out his address and wifes name. Found nic he goes by. I feel a little better but not much. - hmmm....

He is quoting 500-1200 for a neck-thru. Good price! Makes me a little nervous. Paypal only goes up to 30 days protection and he wants half up front and it will take him approximately 3 months :EEK: So by the time I find out anything it may be too late.

Do I take a leap of faith and believe in my fellow man?????

Comment

I am sorry ,but, even his "finished" guitars still have that unfinished and done by hand look. It look likes he needs to define the lines and cuts more IMHO.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I was thinking that was my computer... Ok thay answers that. LOL They do look a little rough around the edges. However if you look at some of his other projects. Like the LP or some weird looking thing. They appear dead on. I don't know what to think.

Comment

I think if I was going to take a chance like this, I would want to establish a face to face relationship with the builder and play some examples of his work before plunking down the money.
          Without some opinions from owners, like people get with GMW for example, there's no way I'd take that leap.

Comment

I tend to agree... He is only a short distance from me... 3-4 hrs. Wonder if I should take a drive.... hmmmm

Comment

If he's that close to you, definitely pay him a visit before giving him any money. I will agree that the guitars look unfinished in a way.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

As a luthier, i can tell you there are some serious flaws in the photos i can see. The lack of proper workshop photos, in progress photos, the manufacturing sequence he uses, and the price, says to me he is an amatuer at best.
                --
                Regards,
                Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]Just have Lee build you something. You will not regret it!

Comment

Who's Lee????

Comment

GMW.

Comment

Ahh... Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X