No announcement yet.

Just got my Warmoth Carved Top - Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my Warmoth Carved Top - Pics!

I'm happy to say that my Warmoth project is now underway, as I received the body today. Here it is:

. . . and here's the back:

The body is Swamp Ash with 5/8" carved Maple top and contoured heel. Cut for 1H, 1 vol, Floyd, natch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    It's very lightweight (especially now, with no hardware or electronics in it) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Next, I'm getting a solid rosewood Warmoth neck with Wizard profile, ebony fretboard, 22 frets, abalone inlays, 6105 fretwire, unfinished. That'll take 4-5 weeks, I guess. Gonna be a tough wait!

Re: Just got my Warmoth Carved Top - Pics!

That is beautiful, [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">Gorgeous top and color!! </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Sharp looking.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Warmoth makes great stuff. This one is no exception. Sweet!

Comment

Very Nice! What kind of pickup is going in that?

Comment

Very nice! That's a beautiful finish. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I can't wait to see that rosewood neck. That's going to be a sharp guitar.

Chris
              Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I'm planning to put an EMG in it, as I have an extra. I would like to see what kind of sounds I could get out of this body with a DiMarzio Tone Zone or SD Custom Custom, though, so I may end up trying one of those, depending on how the EMG works out. It'll have black hardware (OFR, Schaller tuners).

Comment

Are you going pointy or start head? I love warmoth stuff. It can really be addicting. I would love to do a 1 hum start body / strat head. That flame is really nice.

Jim
                  "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I'm going with a Strat head. I'm also planning to use bushings (as Allparts refers to them - or ferrules as StewMac refers to them) to anchor the neck screws, instead of a neck plate, to reduce the heel thickness and make it feel like a neck-through as much as possible.

Comment

I love that colour. What are the details on the neck other than strat head. Is it a maple board?
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

No, it's gonna be: 22 frets, 25-1/2" scale, 1-11/16" wide, "Wizard" backshape, "Warmoth construction" (dual-expanding truss rod, compound radius fretboard) Palisander rosewood neck, with ebony fretboard, "S-caster" (small Fender Strat style) headstock, abalone dot inlays, and side truss rod adjuster, cut for a Floyd R3 nut and Schaller non-locking tuners. Whew, that's a mouthful! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I seriously considered going with birdseye maple/birdseye maple, but it would've been about the same price (after finishing), and it would've had to be finished to keep Warmoth's warranty in place. A big advantage of rosewood/ebony for me is that it requires no finish.

Comment

Awesome! Nice combination. Did you get the tapered heel option? Yea, it's addicting. I built 3 guitars last winter from Warmoth products. I did all the painting and finishing work. Tons of Fun! I want to build more! more! more! Now you did it! LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Sweet! I want so see it finished. Good luck. Mabey it'll go quick.

Comment

just a small warning, I also had a warmoth swampash body with maple droptop (so not the thick maple you have) and assembled it with a solid rosewood neck and soundwise the end result sucked. In the beginning I though it were the pups (sd 59 in the bridge and 2 mighty might pups) but when I replaced the neck with a birdseye maple the sound realy opened up. the rosewood combination seems to work better with a mahogany/maple body, with swampash it didn't have any definition. Perhaps due to the the thick maple cap your results will be different but if you experience the same please know it is not the pickups fault
                              my warmoth still with the original neck http://www.pixum.nl/members/freddons...ed30e09f51324e

Comment

Working...
                              X