No announcement yet.

Just got my Warmoth Carved Top - Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just got my Warmoth Carved Top - Pics!

Bengal651: I did get the tapered heel.

fred dons: D'oh! I hope the rosewood/swamp ash combo works out, soundwise. Was your neck rosewood/rosewood (neck/fretboard)? I got mine with an ebony fretboard, so maybe that'll improve the sound (hope so!).

Comment

P.S. fred, your inlays are amazing! I went through your whole slide show. Did Warmoth do the PRS-style bird inlays for you? Those are so cool! I'm not a big PRS fan, but I do love their bird inlays. If I would've known I could get those, I might've gone for it.

Comment

an ebony fingerboard will indeed improve matters mine was solid rosewood
        I ordered for this one a solid roseneck with a rio palisander board and that already improved the sound dramatically (I tried the same neck on the swampash and it was much better)
        http://www.pixum.nl/members/freddons...ed30e09f51324e
        and the birds aren't an option with Warmoth I had to do those myself

Comment

I'll be very interested to see the final product - should be a stunner. What colors are you plannning for the hardware and the pickup?
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Thanks. Black hardware and covered black pickup (EMG), though if I try out a Tone Zone, I might go for a black/creme zebra.

Comment

Holy quilt maple batman.That is a beautiful thing!

Comment

B-e-a-utiful!

Comment

Nice love that color!
                  Good luck I hope the sound is good with your neck
                  configuration! Looks too good to sound bad!
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

My neck has arrived!

Just got my Warmoth neck today, and it is drop dead gorgeous. Palisander rosewood with ebony fretboard and abalone inlays, 6105 fret wire, and a Wizard backshape, cut for a Floyd R3 locking nut, and equipped with a side adjuster. I had NO idea the rosewood would have such cool figuring. The abalone also is highly figured and colorful. And the ebony is jet black and smooth as glass, just as I hoped it would be.

These pics do not come close to doing it justice, but it was already getting dark by the time I got around to photographing it, so this was the best I could do (for now, anyway).

Here's the front:

. . . and the back:

I am 100% satisfied with my Warmoth experience. Their stuff is the nicest I've ever seen.

Comment

Re: My neck has arrived!

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]Wow, that's going to look nice on that body. I can't wait to see it all together. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Chris
                      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Awesome!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I was planning on doing something similar, but with a fully scalloped board. Ever since I got my Malmsteen Strat I like the scalloped feel. Can't wait to see your final assembly. I love Warmoth products and have had good experience with them! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Gosh, that neck figuring...DAYUM! that *IS* sweet!

Comment

awesome, rosewood can get really cool looking. alot of variations in the different types of it. is that kind heavy
                            that is going to look real nice with that body. perfect example of why not to paint guitars solid colors.

Comment

wow thats nice, how much was the neck?

Comment

Excellent! My brother is currently in the process of acquiring Warmoth parts for a custom bass. I've tried to get involved, and in the process, I've spent a good deal of time on Warmoth's website drooling over their stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now I want to build one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think this topic has pushed me over the edge. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X