Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check this Amzing packing job (Les Paul / Fedex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check this Amzing packing job (Les Paul / Fedex)

I always splurge on styrofoam peanuts for my guitar-packaging needs. True, they don't biodegrade, but they've already been made by the time I buy them, so if someone's going to use them, it might as well be me... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

They are expensive, though. I never seem to have enough old newspapers laying around whenever it comes time to package a guitar, but that is a good alternative. By the way, be careful about how big a box you use--UPS shipping prices go up VERY quickly at right about size difference between a box designed for shipping guitars and one designed to ship basses. I always scrounge around the Guitar Center recycling bin for good guitar boxes--and almost always find one.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The guitar stores are great for scoring free guitar boxes from. The Fender box that I sent my RG560 to Paige in is a VERY thick box... it was awesome! It made it unnecessary to double-box, in my opinion.

About the biodegrading thing, all I was concerned about was the recipient of the guitar would just throw the damn peanuts away in the trash instead of saving them "just in case". Big waste of money there. Newspapers, you can dump them in the recycle bin. Nature boy to the rescue again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The best way to send a guitar is get a big box about size of a refrigerator,you get in there with the guitar and send the box to the buyer.
        While in transit, you protect the guitar inside of the box.
        So nothing will happen.
        [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Ahhh yes, but what is protecting YOU while you're hugging the pointy guitar? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You have to wrap yourself with some bubble sheets.
            [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Ahhh yes, but what is protecting YOU while you're hugging the pointy guitar? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Insulating layers of blubber! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There is nothing that can protect you from the Sampsonite Apes! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X