A Couple of Parts Creations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Couple of Parts Creations

I thought you guys might like to see a couple of guitars that I put together over the past month or so.

First, the black strat, consists of an ESP neck (with ebony board & a very fat v shaped back) and a WD body.

The pickup (for now) is a Duncan EVH that will be going into a Charvel project guitar eventually.
    This was mainly leftover parts that had been attatched to either a Charvel that I was restoring/unmodding or to the Charvel parts that I needed. Now its a great player & it sounds killer too.

Second is a Strat that I built as a replica of a guitar that Joe Perry of Aerosmith has been playing live with the past couple of years.
    Its a lefty Strat body & lefty Tele neck strung right handed. Pickups are Dimarzio Fast Track 2 in the bridge & Pro Track in neck & middle. Controls are a volume & a 5 way rotary switch. The neck is a Warmoth with compound radius & wolfgang back shape. Tuners are locking Gotohs.
    I'm proud of the finish work on the neck. I used ColorTone vintage amber stain & sealed with tung oil & it actually came out looking good (my first attempt at any kind of finishing).
    This one also really is a killer player....cool vibe too.

Re: A Couple of Parts Creations

Nice work!
    That Black one reminds of Scorpions...

Comment

Those are both wicked cool!

Comment

Is that a real Esquire neck or just a tele neck with a new decal?

Comment

Sorry I didn't read far enough.

Comment

Working...
          X