Line 6 Variax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Variax

Not sure if there is a recent topic on this or not. The music store i work in just got a variax 500 shipped in. Im pretty impressed! It's quite clear it doesnt nail the emulated guitars 100%... but its so versatile. I loved the idea of foot switching between XLR and 1/4" outputs... in order to send acoustic guitar models directly to the board. A dream guitar for a gigging musician who really needs to switch to a variety of sounds on the fly.

Any other opinions on these guitars? Good or bad?

Re: Line 6 Variax

I have one and think it is a great tool. I don't use it live that much but for the money it is a great to have. I changed the neck on mine and find that I play it a lot more now. I need to sit down with it and and my Vetta and get it some patches made just for the Variax. BTW, the acoutic sim is great, save me from dragging out my Taylor.

Comment

I have two of them - 500 and 700. I like mine a lot.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

What kind of neck did you replace it with? I was super impressed with the martin model running into a PA... the 12 strings were 'ok'. That martin sounded pretty authentic though.

Comment

I want the acoustic one real bad to be honest Tim how is that 700 is it a lot nicer? I wnat to trade for your 500 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Tetsuo, my 500 is available (check the classifieds).

I think the 700 is a nice upgrade - the build quality is a bit better and it is more attractive. However, I would not have bought a 700 except for the whammy.

I tried the acoustic one and thought it was ok - it didn't blow me away but it is certainly a good instrument.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I put a warmoth strat head/birdseye maple with jumbo frets on it. Plays much much better.

Comment

Taking hammer's suggestion one step further, you can build your own Strat/Tele shaped Variax using the guts from the Variax and a neck and special body from Warmoth. KMaynard was doing this... I remember seeing the photo of his Variax Strat.

Comment

I sold my variax 500.
                  I didnt like the fact that it just DOESNT work for heavy riffing (palm mutes and *chuggin g* are pretty much non-existant.

The acoustic stuff is alright, although I seemed to get it to quack a lot under heavier playing. with a little processing , I can make my other piezo equipped guitars sound pretty much the same.

I bought it thinking it would change my entire guitar experience. It didnt, it's cool and hopefully will evolve, but I just didnt find it inspiring to play!

Comment

Anybody get a chance to play the Acoustic? I want one! I like the Classical guitar sounds and the Sitar. Move over Ravi!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                    X