Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't laugh, but I just bought a JB Player........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't laugh, but I just bought a JB Player........

I picked it up locally. It is a JB Player Tele copy and this thing is great (except that it's red). The neck is fantastic and the EMG's actually make it sound like a tele! Solid construction with Schaller tuners. Anyone know how to ID this bad boy? I believe it's older since it actually has the traditional headstock. Believe it or not it sounds great through my 5150. Sorry I was too lazy to rotate the pics! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: Don\'t laugh, but I just bought a JB Player........

Nice Tele there!
    I am sure these EMGs will help to get great sound out of it.
    Congrats!

Comment

i have a friend that owns a music store that sees a lot of cool stuff go through (some of which he keeps). his main player guitar, what he uses for 100% of his gigs is a JB Player tele similar to yours.

he decided to keep it after grabbing off the shelf to take to a gig because it wasn't selling. he's kept it ever since. but he knows nothing of the history, etc.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

If anybody wants to know where you can get the mythical, rare, mojo-laced JB Player pre-lawsuit Strathead superstrat, let me know. I'll hook you up.

Comment

No ideas? Is it Japanese, American?

Comment

japanese most likely.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have one too, check it out !

Comment

I know where a black neck thru, strat headstock, 1 hum 2 singles J.B.Player is..but I'll never tell!
                The good ones are Japanese the so so ones are Korean.The Japanese ones usually have good hardware real floyds, kahlers,schaller tuners and dimarzio pickups.The jap ones are very cool and are really great guitars.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

HF,

Sweet axe. I just love white! I especially like the matching headstock.

Comment

I have a soloist knockoff JB Player that appears to be made very well. It is sitting in my tool shed. I should try fixing it up someday.

Comment

That tele is sweet. I like the early JB's... The neck thrus are some of the best deals around. If you get a chance to play one they have a nice neck profile. Most have a cheesy trem but it will stay in tune.
                      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                      X