Thinking about a BC Rich , and need help on the ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about a BC Rich , and need help on the ID

I have this guitar on hold, can some one shine some light on what it really is?
    http://www.cowtownguitars.com/itemte...iscitemtop.txt

Re: Thinking about a BC Rich , and need help on the ID

Their description is as good as any I could give you. Ask them for a serial #, or where it was made. How much do you have it on hold for, if you don't mind me asking? Looks like a nice guitar to me.

Comment

route shape looks US. Controls & all hardware are wrong for a USA. serial#? if it was made from a left over blank it could be alot of things. probably not roman. its actually looks more like an early NJ with a make over or a later made guitar. the bevels dont look right for an old USA. get some INFO.
      serial#.
      recessed control plate.
      pics of truss rod route.
      pics of side of the headstock showing thickness of veneer.

Comment

I can get it for $500. I've just never seen this version of the Bich before.

Comment

Certainly looks earlier than a 90s model. Pretty unusual with the single hum. Pickup doesn't look straight. Also I'm not sure I've ever seen a BC with a Flyer, they usually have Pros. The knobs are typical 80s NJ equipment.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

BC's had a lot of guitars with Flyers - never on a US model that I'm aware of though.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              BC's had a lot of guitars with Flyers - never on a US model that I'm aware of though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably have seen them, but my memory isn't very good. I have to go smoke a doobie now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

for $500 ask for 48hour return. if you can get the info i suggested that will ID it as import or USA

Comment

I am really diggen the look of the guitar, and they have 48 hour approval. They came down to $500 delivered, so I'm going to give it a shot. I'll let you guys know the details when it gets here. By the way I had a US Mockingbird that I bought new in 1987, and it also had a Flyer ( and it even had the Grover Imperials). My thought is it's a left over guitar, but if it pays like it looks I'll be happy.

Thanks
                  Roy

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I would've said US Series...but the tone control and 2 mini switches suggest something else. Stumped on this one.

Comment

Maybe they're right about it being a leftover that someone finished. It does indeed have the U.S cavity route, and even though it has NJ knobs, you can always change those. If the pickup really is off kilter like it looks in the picture, you can probably fix that pretty easy.

Comment

I had an old NJ Bich with a Flyer. That is one terrible trem

Comment

Well my new BC Rich came in today, and it's a really nice guitar. It is a feather at only 6lbs, all mahogany, and it sounds killer as long as you don't use the switches (phase, and a pre set tone (mud) switch). The guitar is a Class Axe guitar made with left over parts, so it's a strange guitar with the U.S. body, and N.J. parts. Still really cool for the money.

Comment

Cool! Need pics & clips now!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Cool! Need pics & clips now!

[/ QUOTE ]
                              You can see the photos in the original post to this topic.
                              I'll shoot some more photos soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X