Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE SKY GUITAR ABOUT TO BE RELEASED

"Drew,
    Thanks for your inquiry. As well as making the Uli Roth Sky guitar, we are making minor changes that Uli has requested because all 5 were prototypes. The playability will greatly improve as well as the functionality. Once it meets Uli's final approval we will release it as the final production model to all his Sky Guitars. The 7 string we are modelling after Might Wing which just needed a little tweaking and the 6 string after the SKY III model.Once the models are complete each will get its own SPIRALLING GALAXY paintjob but slightly different from each other. Uli will name, number, and authenticate each one. We will also be giving one away at the NAMM show. Release of guitars will be right around that date. All of them should be finished by Feb 2005. The price however is priced in the collectors market for many reasons. The pickups are almost 3000 alone and the actual way to make these guitar come together is unlike anything else you have ever seen. We took the engineering that Andy, the original maker, used and then we found ways to improve on it using one of the most experienced brains in the business, John Carruther. John was responsible for making the very first seven string for IBANEZ with Steve Vai. He has claimed to me that this guitar is the toughest task as of yet. The price of the 6 String is 15,000 and the 7 String is 17,000. This price is not so much based on supply and demand but actually out of cost and collectibility. The Jimmy Page Les Paul sold for 25,000 dollars and just beared his name. The cost to make that guitar is probably 800 bucks. Ours is not like that at all. Its a steal at the price we are offerring and once the 50 are sold that is it. The only guitars we will make after that are for Uli's personal use. We also have a whole line of guitars coming out in November that I think people will really like. In the future, I would like to do a SKY GUITAR with regular humbuckers more like the very first SKY GUiTAR and sell it at a cost for most peolpe to run and get but that is not up to me. Unfortunately, That is up to Uli and only time will tell. Any more questions feel free to ask me directly.
    Again Thanks.

Dave Levine
    17th Street Guitars
    310 829 0315 Office
    310 927 4615 Cell
    AIM: DL4mula"

Here's a picture for those that don't know Uli's axe:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ranco/Uli4.jpg

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: THE SKY GUITAR ABOUT TO BE RELEASED

wow...who knew??? damn, thats sweet! suddenly, everyone's having a signature guitar!

even other dude in good charlotte, jcf's favorite band!!!! lol, just Kidding. but he does have a sig. prs...

Comment

Speaking of Uli, and I noticed MSG talk on the other thread about the Dean, I saw the Dean MS model on stage with Michael in NJ last month but he didn't use it. He just stuck with his Gibson throughout the set. My fiancee and I met up with them and I had Mr. Schenker auto my MS model. Very cool to meet two of the masters...

Some eye candy on the bottom and some more on the top. Notice me and Vinnie Moore and my VM1SP:

http://www.strangers-in-the-night.co...nthestreet.htm

Comment

Wow, I always wished Sky guitars would go into some kind of production, but they're kidding themselves calling those prices "a steal." I'm sure they cost quite a bit to make, but I can't think of any new electric guitar that could be considered "a steal" once the $3000 mark is passed. If they're spending that much just on a pickup, then they are not prudent businessmen. The market for these guitars is not that big, and it's going to be almost (if not completely) non-existent at the quoted price point. Of course, all they really need is 50 people, but I'll be surprised if they sell them all.

Comment

Well, if that isn't the ultimate Power Metal shred guitar, besides the ESP Armor! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A pick up of around $3000?
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

oh, c'mon...a bunch of japanese collectors will scoop those up in 30 seconds and they'll never be seen again!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Sorry, I love Uli but I think it's ugly.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

what we really need are more pics of Drews fiancee Mary.
                Duuuuuuuuuuuude nice! Now that's eye candy! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  oh, c'mon...a bunch of japanese collectors will scoop those up in 30 seconds and they'll never be seen again!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a corporation or two, you're right. I don't think these will appreciate too much, though, unless somebody current and really popular starts playing them.

Comment

What was the company a few years back that tried to build guitars for $45,000 that claimed the same crap? (If they are rare they will be automatically worth it?) Bad argument, demand raises the price. Ebola is rare, but you dont see people going out of their way or paying $15,000 to get it..............

Comment

15K and 17K !!! Uli is the END ALL when it comes to guitarists for me but those prices are absolutely nutz. The one thing you can say about Uli is this:
                      He is admired by many and known by none. I guess they figure they can find 50 Uli fans who just hit the lottery. Why could even a collector pay such a high price. They buy for investment. What kind of investment is a 17K Uli sky guitar? I'll tell you... BAD.

Comment

I'm not terribly surprised about the $3000 pickup. Remember, they are totally custom-made. And he had to have some interesting electronics in that guitar to get the kind of sounds he was getting out of frets 33-36 on his Sky Guitar when I saw him a month ago or so. I couldn't get good sounds out of that fret range on my old Washburn EC36.

Not to say that I would pay $17,000 for the privilege of owning one. At that price, it had better have four wheels and take me to work...

Comment

$3000 pickups? What are they mining the copper ore themselves to make the winding? Ridiculous. I loved Uli's work with the early Scorpions stuff, but c'mon.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            15K and 17K !!! Uli is the END ALL when it comes to guitarists for me but those prices are absolutely nutz. The one thing you can say about Uli is this:He is admired by many and known by none. I guess they figure they can find 50 Uli fans who just hit the lottery. Why could even a collector pay such a high price. They buy for investment. What kind of investment is a 17K Uli sky guitar? I'll tell you... BAD.

[/ QUOTE ]This post says it all. I have the utmost reverence for Uli and not the slightest interest in that guitar at that price. Notice they didn't elaborate at all on why the pickups are supposedly worth $3K. The guitar is pretty ugly too, so overpriced, no market, and fugly doesn't bode well for these IMO.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X