Chandler Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandler Les Paul

Here is what came today. Hard to find info on these...only thing I can find is on Harmony Central saying that only about 25 were made because of high production costs and Gibson becoming a customer of Chandler's and them not liking that Chandler was making these. It's mahogany w/ a maple cap. 25.5 scale. Push/Pull tone pot. Only markings are a bunch of writing under the electronics and toggle cavity covers. Pickups don't have any markings. Binding over the frets and lots of lacquer over the binding. I haven't plugged it in yet. Been cleaning it up and gonna put creme pickup rings on it. If anyone has any info on these, I would appreciate it.

Re: Chandler Les Paul

Looks killer!
    It is bit strange to see only 2 knobs..

Comment

That is a lawsuit model. Extremely low production. 25 could be about right. Don't change ANYTHING on it. Leave it bone stock. I am pretty sure that none of them were ever sold to the public. They all snuck out of the factory after Chandler got pinched by mother Gibson. If you are looking to sell or trade it I would appreciate 1st dibs.

Comment

TITS! I would remove that little sticker carefully on the back so that it does not burn into the finish. Great looker!

Comment

Very nice looking, enjoy!

Comment

Thanks for the info jg. I gotta replace the pickup rings becuase the top one is completed broken and the tuneomatic as well because the old-school screw in posts were corroded and actually crumbled apart when I removed them.

Comment

Save all the original parts, even if they are broken or worn out. Don't drill any holes in it if the pickup ring holes don't line up. What does the bottom of the original tunomatic bridge say on it? The push/pull pot is original btw... There shouldn't be a serial # because none of them were meant to be sold. I have only seen one other and I have been looking since the mid to late 80's for one. I have owned several Chandlers. I owned the 1st Chandler ever to have a Kahler Flyer on it. Actually, it was the 1st guitar to ever have a Kahler Flyer factory installed. I bought it for $100.00. Not too many people know about the Chandler LP's which makes it really easy to score one super cheap if you can find one. Maybe one day they will be worth as much as the early Tokai LP copies.

Comment

Now we ALL no about them JG!!!! LOl....

J/K - If I find one I will pass it to you! It would nmake me feel all tingly inside to help someone find a guitar they have been wanting for that long!

Comment

The bottom of the tunomatic says "JAPAN". I don't know if the pickup rings are original or not. There is already one place where one of the screws for the neck ring broke off in the wood and there was another hole drilled.

Comment

jgcable seems more excited over this then his LPC from the 80's haha [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I beg to differ Mike.. My LPC is from the early 70's. The best guess from many of the board members over at the LP forum is that it is between 71 and 74 and was modded for a 3rd pickup in 1976 when Frampton Comes Alive was released.
                      And yea... I am jacked up about the Chandler.

Comment

The neck pickup might be original. Chandler used large poles on his pickups. Since the majority of Chandler built guitars were custom ordered I would think you could put a variety of pickups in it and still maintain its originality. I would suggest cream Dimarzio Super Distortions.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Now we ALL no about them JG!!!! LOl....

J/K - If I find one I will pass it to you! It would nmake me feel all tingly inside to help someone find a guitar they have been wanting for that long!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Chris. Sometimes I hold my tongue when it comes to guitars like this but I always let the cat out of the bag when I see something rare come up on the JCF. He probably picked up the guitar for next to nothing. Especially if it was privately. I haven't been gas'n for one that bad. Actually, I don't even like Les Pauls. I can't figure out how guys shred on them. Way to much work for me. My LPC is cool as heck but it is the last guitar I would pick up for metal or any kind of shred. I am currently gas'n for another Fender Strat. Either a Beck, a Malmsteen or a SRV. I have plenty of Ibanez's thank god.

Comment

my bad i meant to put 70's... you know the 8 and the 7 are close :P

Comment

Not too cheap...I have been wanting one too after one came up on ebay a while back. There have been 2 on ebay recently...that 1st one that went for around $550 if I remember correctly and another that was completely unfinished...I forget the price on that one. I found this one at a music shop in NY after typing in some pretty goofy stuff in google. Got it for $650 shipped.

Comment

Working...
                              X